Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 butsee

Hi,

I'm looking for a wedding band for 25th April 2015 in Dublin.

Ideally would like a band with a female singer, although open to changing my mind on that.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clynch8282

We went with Upbeat Generation for our wedding. They are a 5 piece band with a female lead singer. The dance floor was full all night and they didn't churn out all the 'usual' wedding songs....worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Saw the Aristocats at a wedding recently, they are good but way too loud and they come with a sounds engineer, and missing a bit of banter..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Villa82 wrote: »
    Looking at wedding bands for September 2015.

We really like Blush Band and Perfect Day Band. Has anyone seen either or both of these bands that might be able to provide some feedback on?

We seen Blush Band perform at a showcase and thought they were great and girl lead singer was very impressive but just wondered if they would be good interacting with audience.

Any feedback anyone might have on both bands would be great.

Thanks a lot,
    Steve

I always recommend Perfect Day. Brilliant band!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Danieldarcy1

Hi all Looking for a band and Dj to play a wedding November 28th 2015 in Avon Ri hotel in Blessington. Would prefer if Dj could be bundled together Sith band.
    Any bands/Djs please p.m. with info and quotes.

Thanks
    Dan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ruasligo12

Hi all
    Looking for swing jazz band Connaught area for next June 6 2015.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jo_W

Looking for band to play wedding reception in Mayo 05/09/15. Please PM with info and quotes.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SallyGill

Hi, looking for a band for a wedding in westmeath on April 17th 2015. Any bands out there available please PM me with quotes!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tig09

Looking for a Wexford (or surrounds) band for October 2015, reasonable price !
    We would love 80s but those cover bands have qouted us 2-3 k !! Basically not the usual wedding music or waltzy kind of stuff ! Any suggestions at all please ? Thanks ;);

• Registered Users Posts: 9 HQ

Had my wedding in August and the band were excellent, the rattle shakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭miniroar

check out 2morrowsparty from louth! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvARmKG-S_4

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Had Bentley Boys in Meath, they were beyond excellent.
    Had everyone on the dance floor 4 the whole night

My friend went and book the same crew for his wedding in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1 debanne83

Hi,

We are having our wedding on 21st August 2015 and we would appreciate any recommendations for wedding band/drinks reception/DJ please.

All recommendations welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

debanne83 wrote: »
    Hi,

We are having our wedding on 21st August 2015 and we would appreciate any recommendations for wedding band/drinks reception/DJ please.

All recommendations welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Deb
    whereabouts? just need the county, any quotes you get back would take that into account. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

gaving wrote: »
    Transmitter we had them for our wedding great band there from portlaois we had reception in kingscourt! transmitter.ie I think is there website everyone young and old thought they were brilliant

We had transmitter for our wedding in May. Absolutely fantastic, I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Young and old commented on how good the band were. Stuart and the lads were a pleasure to deal with. They are from Portlaoise but travelled to Cork for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

I found boards in general and this forum great when planning our wedding so said I'd pass on our wedding band and DJ experience. We used transmitter for our wedding in Cork earlier this summer. Can't recommend Stuart and the lads highly enough. They play a great mix of classic and new songs, keeping the crowd involved and the dancefloor full from start to finish. We then used silentdisco.ie after the band. Again, the lads there were a pleasure to deal with, the silent disco was a great novelty for the guests, really went down a treat and for anyone thinking about it, I say just go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 willowbelle

Hi All, New to boards, we are getting married 14th of August 2015 and we are looking for some entertainment for when guest are having dinner. We were hoping to book Manilla Strings but unfortunately they are not available. Does anyone have any recommendations for a band similiar to them. Just want something to entertain guests during their meal I liked the way Manilla Strings go table to table... We are getting married in a Marquee in Ballinascorney, Dublin.

Any help much appreciated!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jbizzy

Hi folks
    We are having a small wedding in Wicklow in July 2015. There will be approx. 60-70 people at the reception. We would like a band for the reception only (no DJ) so approx. 3-3.5 hours. Anyone know of a band that would suit? There will be a mix of older and younger people with a few who would enjoy a boogie! We're thinking 50s-90s with some rock thrown in!
    Any recommendations would be appreciated. Bands feel free to PM with quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kevh1987

Hi all, I am looking for a band and dj for our wedding on the 30/12/15 and it seems alot of the bands we like are already booked up. The reception is on in Westport and we have a budget of around 2000-2200. Any and all help would be really appritiated. We are a young couple (27-28) so there will be a mix of young and old. Thanks a mill. Please feel free to PM anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭fits

Booked up 16months ahead!!! Un real.

• Advertisement

We have contacted around 10 bands we really like and they are all booked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭fits

Any particular style?

A band with an upbeat style with a good mix of songs for everyone. Preferably a youngish band. We loved bluemoose/the suite/ weightless astronaughts/ but they're booked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

Midnight Sounds - excellent band. They had the dance floor full all night. They play to the auld fohgies as well as the younger generations. They give you what you want. Fantastic night. Robbie, the manager who also plays in the band makes sure you get what you want... We went to see the showcase out near Dublin Airport and they were actually better on the night than the showcase... Everyone raved about them the next day.
    Thanks Lads... for playing Finnstown

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flan45

Hi All,
    Looking for a band for the 14th August 2015 for a reception in Ennistymon, Co Clare.

Looking to keep everyone happy with 60's to present day music. PM if interested and available please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

Also looking for a band, limit of €1700/€1800 hundred with no DJ bad to travel to Wex, any suggestions? Will have a mix of old and young attending.

Planning on going to listen to The Kaye Twins and Broadstreet later this month, if anyone has any feedback on either of these I'd appreciate that too!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Also looking for a band, limit of €1700/€1800 hundred with no DJ bad to travel to Wex, any suggestions? Will have a mix of old and young attending.

Planning on going to listen to The Kaye Twins and Broadstreet later this month, if anyone has any feedback on either of these I'd appreciate that too!!

Kaye Twins are a great band! Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Looking for a DJ for next June,Meath area, any recommendation?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Hi all,

Looking for a band to play for my reception in The Falls Hotel in Ennistymon on the 7th of July 2016 ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Hi everyone,

Looking into wedding bands (with DJ) for July 29th 2016 in AnnaCarriga, Co. Clare. We'd love someone who is energetic, does up-to-dates songs with a few classics thrown in. Not really into the walzing and jiving vibe!

Thanks!

Advertisement