Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

We had the Best Men, they were fab. We had them do the Kooky Ukes for drinks reception and used their DJ as well as the 4 piece main band. Just fantastic, so professional and nice guys too. Guests raved about the different parts of their performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Oh never mind I have sorted a band :) Any suggestions for DJ's and church singers would be much appreciated! :D Church in Gort, Reception in The Falls Hotel Ennistymon 7th July 2016 ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭MarieOC

Hi,

Looking for a DJ for Co. Meath for the 24th January. Any recommendations or quotes would be really appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭cleanslate

Anyone know anything about The Black Knights wedding band. Having a lot of trouble with them not even answering emails so it looks bad already. We were happy enough to book them on Thursday last (Monday today) and emailed to see if they are still free on our date and haven't got a reply - on Saturday I copied it to another email they have, and still no reply.

We are going to see another band tonight Bumblebee Honey - so if we like them as much, might book them tonight.

Would really appreciate any feedback on either band, good and bad.
    Thanks!

Anyone know anything about The Black Knights wedding band? Having a lot of trouble with them not even answering emails so it looks bad already. We were happy enough to book them on Thursday last (Monday today) and emailed to see if they are still free on our date and haven't got a reply - on Saturday I copied it to another email they have, and still no reply.

We are going to see another band tonight Bumblebee Honey - so if we like them as much, might book them tonight.

Would really appreciate any feedback on either band, good and bad.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

We had exactly the same problem trying to get in touch with the Black Knights and when we finally did get a response I found it quite rude!
    I've seen Bumblebee Honey in action and they're great. Nice to deal with too, from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

http://www.nowayhome.ie/ Or transmitter are also brilliant

thanks guys, this is great - I find that on the weddingsonline forums, all the bands seem to post there and reply so you are never sure if good feedback is from someone in the band themselves or true feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

cleanslate wrote: »
    thanks guys, this is great - I find that on the weddingsonline forums, all the bands seem to post there and reply so you are never sure if good feedback is from someone in the band themselves or true feedback :)

While WOL is a great site for getting ideas, any feedback or recommendations must be tempered with the knowledge that its a commercial site. any negative reviews for paid up vendors is removed (dont bite the hand that feeds you and all that) and many positive recommendations for non-paid up vendors are MOSTLY removed. Not to say theres anything wrong with it as theyre a business but just so you know.

Shilling goes on with most recommendation sites, so always use your best judgement by looking for many references over time from frequent posters and only use them as a way of building a list of vendors to consider. Happy hunting. :)

I just came across this today, hadn't heard of it before, so thought I'd add. Thanks

OK, so I can't add a url, but if you google weddingbandassociation it should come up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

Just want to highly recommend the wedding band ' harlequin' they were just amazing and a real Pleasure to deal with from start to finish and lovely lads. Nothing was to much bother for them and our 2 year wedding anniversary is coming up and people are still raving about them. They catered for our young guests and also or older guests and the dance floor was full all night. A real gem these lads are. Anyone have any questions just ask me.
    Squeky..

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Hi.. can anybody recommend a wedding band for June next year in the wexford area.
    Looking to cater for all ages, from waltzes to modern music...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Hi, looking for a string quartet who play some modern/contemporary music in their repertoire. Wedding is in Co. Clare, July 29th 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Try Here Comes The Trio from Cork... they do some fabulous arrangements of popular tunes. Not sure if they travel as far as Clare but will do everything the average quartet does but better.. and at a much better price too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

AoifeCork wrote: »
    Try Here Comes The Trio from Cork... they do some fabulous arrangements of popular tunes. Not sure if they travel as far as Clare but will do everything the average quartet does but better.. and at a much better price too! :)

Thanks for that, I was already in contact with them but they're not available :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

They were very helpful when I chatted with them on Boards and offered to do a shout out to some of their music college friends to see who was available. Maybe you could ask them if they know anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DollyDumDrops

Hi all, looking for a band similar to The Camembert Quarter, for our nye wedding 2015 in Dublin. We wanted to book them but turns out they aren't free any more so looking for similar as we loved there sound. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DollyDumDrops

Hi all, looking for a band similar to The Camembert Quartet, for our nye wedding 2015 in Dublin. We wanted to book them but turns out they aren't free any more so looking for similar as we loved there sound. Thanks!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

http://www.harlequinband.ie

I worked with these guys recently. One of the best bands Ive seen in a very long time.

We have just seen Bumblebee Honey at their showcase and thought they were very good - definitely a runner. The only reservation I have is that they do the DJ'ing themselves - just wondering if anyone had booked them and was it fine? We have got so much advice saying not to go with a band that don't use a professional DJ, not a band member.
    Very glad we didn't book The Black Knights as still no reply from them and we were going to book them last Thursday! Lucky escape :)
    Have contacted Harlequin to see if we can see them as well but very happy with Bumblebee Honey :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Soon2B

anyone know the name of either:
    the waiters that burst into song (they are Irish and one of them is female)
    the waiters that burst into song (they are Mexican or Italian)

I have just heard about both from people who have been to weddings and don't know what they were called and haven't given great descriptions so I can't find them in a search!

Thanks so much!
    Also opinions on entertainment during the arrival reception would be great. I don't think we need it but I would like to have something fun as we will have different groups of people there that will not know each other (as everyone does at any wedding - just realised how dopey that sounded, hahaha)

Soon2B wrote: »
    anyone know the name of either:
    the waiters that burst into song (they are Irish and one of them is female)
    the waiters that burst into song (they are Mexican or Italian)

I have just heard about both from people who have been to weddings and don't know what they were called and haven't given great descriptions so I can't find them in a search!

Thanks so much!
    Also opinions on entertainment during the arrival reception would be great. I don't think we need it but I would like to have something fun as we will have different groups of people there that will not know each other (as everyone does at any wedding - just realised how dopey that sounded, hahaha)

http://www.operasingingwaiters.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

narrowed our search down to Blacktye or A few good men any feedback on anyone who's seen these in action at a wedding would be gratefully recieved please!!

emzibob wrote: »
    narrowed our search down to Blacktye or A few good men any feedback on anyone who's seen these in action at a wedding would be gratefully recieved please!!
    All pro bands at the top of their game who do 80-100 weddings a year at least. You won't be disappointed whichever you go with so I'd go on budget there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mazj86

Any suggestion for drinks reception music in Limerick May 2016 want something like reggae or samba for the gardens of a country house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Perfect Day booked - I hope their good.

Perfect Day booked - I hope their good.

They are very good.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Folks just a reminder about the rules regarding posting reviews etc on this forum:

If you want to post a recommendation, criticism or review of a wedding related business, you must have either:

a MINIMUM of 20 posts
    OR be an active member of Boards.ie for OVER 2 months

These requirements apply to recommendations/criticisms/reviews only. If you have a query about a business, then you can post it here regardless of how many posts you have, or how long you've been a member of Boards.ie.

If you are new to Boards (or even if you're here a while!), please make sure that you read and abide by the forum charter. You can read it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057205024

Remember that failure to abide by the rules both in a specific forum and the entire site can result in a user being infracted and/or banned from the forum/site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Had a poor experience with a wedding dj recently. Met him and all went well and he said he would send on a quote.

4 days and nothing so sent a follow up mail
    2days and nothing another follow up mail
    2 days still nothing left a voicemail

We were really interested in him but very disappointed by the lack of communications.

Anyone know of any other master of ceremonies/djs in Dublin area

• Advertisement

Pro DJ's have been recommended to me by a lot of people, and my sister used them last year, was very happy with them. Have no idea which guy she had though.

Advertisement