Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

For anyone looking in Cork I came across this today it might be handy

Bridal Rock

June 14, 2015 @ 4:00 pm

The Pav Cork, 13 Carey’s Lane, Cork,

• Registered Users Posts: 16 olivia2017

Hi im looking for a band or DJ depending on prices. There will only be around 50 people. Just out side Galway /July 2017
    Any recommendation I would very grateful to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Has anyone ever had bluemoose play at their wedding or seen them play a wedding? They are one of my favourite cover bands but have never seen them in that kind of environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

akamossy wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had bluemoose play at their wedding or seen them play a wedding? They are one of my favourite cover bands but have never seen them in that kind of environment.

Im nearly sure they were playing at a wedding i was at, where i knew no one (was a friend of my fiance's from work).

I was on the dancefloor all night, they were fab!!

andreac wrote: »
    Im nearly sure they were playing at a wedding i was at, where i knew no one (was a friend of my fiance's from work).

I was on the dancefloor all night, they were fab!!

Perfect, they are my number one choice I think but still gonna get out there and go see a few more bands before making a solid decision

• Advertisement

akamossy wrote: »
    Perfect, they are my number one choice I think but still gonna get out there and go see a few more bands before making a solid decision

They are quite pricy though. Think they quoted me 2700 incl DJ.

Bit steep alright. Will look into it anyway thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Very expensive. The average I have seen is 1800-2000 for a band.

Spring Break, Smash Hits are more expensive but still 2700 is really steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Moose100

Hi there folks,

Bobby from Bluemoose here. Thanks for your kind comments. Just to clarify queries regarding the price, we have a rate card with a pricing structure outlined in our brochure available by emailing us or filling out form on our site. This is similar to what you would find in a travel brochure. The price mentioned above would be our top level for the most in demand dates, depending on time of year, day of week etc. We offer reduced rates for weekend dates (excluding high seasons) and also for midweek, Thursday and Sunday bookings right throughout the year.
    We have done this to be completely transparent and as competitive as possible with our pricing and carry no hidden costs such as travel, accommodation or equipment hire.
    By all means drop us a line and we'll forward on all details. We've just started to accept bookings for 2017.

Thanks again,
    Bobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

anyone seen or heard of these guys The Dream Band http://www.jopetitmusic.com/testimonials
    Their youtube stuff looks good and varied and really like the mix of soul and funk with new songs, just wondering why they haven't' been mentioned on boards, maybe up and coming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

etymon wrote: »
    anyone seen or heard of these guys The Dream Band http://www.jopetitmusic.com/testimonials
    Their youtube stuff looks good and varied and really like the mix of soul and funk with new songs, just wondering why they haven't' been mentioned on boards, maybe up and coming?

As a band, I think theyre only together over a year. If you think about it, wedding bookings can go out as far as 2 years so it takes a while to start the band, work up a profile whilst trying to hold a band together to gig to increase bookings. Get the wheels turning so to speak. All the musicians would be around a while though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

As a band, I think theyre only together over a year. If you think about it, wedding bookings can go out as far as 2 years so it takes a while to start the band, work up a profile whilst trying to hold a band together to gig to increase bookings. Get the wheels turning so to speak. All the musicians would be around a while though.

Yeah that's what I figure. Bit wary going on just youtube stuff but the testimonials on the site look positive and all the regular type bands I've looked at just don't have the same vibe. I really wants lots of Motown and newer stuff like Bruno Mars and Pharrell which they seem to do well so hopefully it works out.

etymon wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I figure. Bit wary going on just youtube stuff but the testimonials on the site look positive and all the regular type bands I've looked at just don't have the same vibe. I really wants lots of Motown and newer stuff like Bruno Mars and Pharrell which they seem to do well so hopefully it works out.

Some of the best bands out there Id know have the worst youtube vids or even none, terrible websites as well, they keep their work going from word of mouth. Vice versa as well, whilst not always the case, you can make anything look good on there. Always go and view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dela2015

Hi all, hope someone out there can give me some advise. getting married July 9th 2016 in Tipperary and am trying unsuccessfully to fine a good wedding band. Have a budget of around 1800 and was hoping for a few recommendations. We have seen a few bands but they are all either booked up on that date or over budget.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Threads merged

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

You want a good wedding band but do not want to go over €1800? Plenty of average bands out there for that kind of money.

You want a good wedding band but do not want to go over €1800? Plenty of average bands out there for that kind of money.

Plenty of very good ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dela2015

That's what I am hoping. Even a good covers band would be good.

Dela2015 wrote: »
    That's what I am hoping. Even a good covers band would be good.

Try The Rubix band. We booked those for our wedding. They are around your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bobbyj946

Hi all, thinking of booking "The Vows" as our wedding band.
    What are peoples opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Jayk69

Hi just wondering if people have used the rubix band and what the feedback is from them!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Jayk69 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if people have used the rubix band and what the feedback is from them!?

Hugely popular by the looks of things. We went to see them last night to book them and they already had our date gone. 15 months from now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Has anyone ever heard of a band called The Great Pretenders (hailing from Monaghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gemini32

Just wondering if anybody has seen or had Barry McGrath (Bansha Boys) play at a wedding and what did you think of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Seeking music for a humanist ceremony. I like the idea of ukelele or something similar.

Any ideas?

Seeking music for a humanist ceremony. I like the idea of ukelele or something similar.

Any ideas?

Its a bit distinct, cant say Ive heard anyone making a living from it. suggest contacting the local music school nearest where your wedding is and ask them do they know anyone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Any ideas?

The Kooky Ukes? http://www.thekookyukes.com

Or else Aoife O Neill works with a guitarist/ukulele player as well. Can't think of her website exactly but you can google it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Its a bit distinct, cant say Ive heard anyone making a living from it. suggest contacting the local music school nearest where your wedding is and ask them do they know anyone.

Tell that to my accompanist!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sineads80

Looking for band & dj or just DJ for 28/12/15 cork - small wedding of 70-90 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DrChristianTroy

Hi all, just booked venue and looking for recommendations for a band NYE 2016 in Dublin city. Important to us that the band gets people out of their seats so wouldnt mind paying a little extra for the right band.

All recommendations appreciated. If any bands are on here and available please PM (if thats okay Mods?) Thanks guys and gals.

Advertisement