Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

yeah, anything bigger than a 4 piece would take the stage out of there. Most places in fact, portable stages are not the sturdiest and if its a lively band which most are, they start shaking which is not the best thing with drums and amps and desks on them at the same time.

Dont worry about the stage landscape, you might lose a little bit of the dance floor if you book a 6 piece+ band but it really wont matter. Dont let that be the deciding factor in whether you book the band you want, whoever that turns out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭miniroar

Plankton1 wrote: »
    On the note of space - I am getting married in The Millhouse and would love a 7 piece soul band but I'm afraid it will be a squash. Have any large bands played here or anyone been at a wedding there with a full band playing? I'm talking brass, drums, keys, everything!

I have played there a few times with a 5 piece, as the band play at the backwall there is scope to spread side ways so it would be tight but doable, great venue back in there in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭fire and ice

We're getting married in Donegal in April 2017. Any recommendations for bands would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

We had these guys booked for our original date. Brilliant if you're looking for someone capable of playing something slightly more alternative than the usual stuff you hear at weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Unz88

Looking for a small (ideally 4 piece or less) band for a small wedding in west cork in a tiny venue? Any suggestions welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 joefitzy

Hi,

I am looking for a band and/or DJ for Saturday 5th November 2016 in Limerick.

Feel free to PM.

Thanks

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Starla84

If any bands have availability in Roscommon on 15th September 2017 please PM me.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

intune wrote: »
    Unless there were very few people in the pub there is no reason why they wouldn't get the crowd going when you saw them. I hope at least a few people did get up & dance? That is usually a really good indicator. Most excellent bands will get the crowd going (unless the place is "dead" as mentioned above). Are you still deciding on who to get? There are some really good wedding bands out there if you need more suggestions.

there were people out dancing, i suppose everyone is just saying that its a different skill playing to a wedding as opposed to a pub crowd. Yeh, we are still looking, want a band that will play everything (waltz, trad, modern) but with a bit of energy to them. we're not in Ireland so its hard to get a feel for a band off youtube.....and when we go home we'll only have time to see maybe one band at a wedding. Any suggestions would be great!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 intune

Go with this unbelievable wedding band ! You won't regret it. Price is right and music doesn't get much better than this. Did some sound for them in the past and they absolutely rock and trust me I've done sound for a lot of bands. I think they cover all the old stuff as well for weddings so the older crowd will be happy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 G.Ames

intune wrote: »
    Go with this unbelievable wedding band ! You won't regret it. Price is right and music doesn't get much better than this. Did some sound for them in the past and they absolutely rock and trust me I've done sound for a lot of bands. I think they cover all the old stuff as well for weddings so the older crowd will be happy anyway.

Only saw this post and thought I comment. I've heard Groove Collective playing in Barry's in Douglas some time ago. Couldn't agree more! They are unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Unz88 wrote: »
    Looking for a small (ideally 4 piece or less) band for a small wedding in west cork in a tiny venue? Any suggestions welcome

Christine may be able to help you out.. Check out her page for anyone looking for someone in the South... Sang at out own wedding and was magical https://www.facebook.com/christinebphelan/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

13644161_10201817481634405_567409163_n.jpg?oh=cd8f69012d10f49b7a60f15f00eea64b&oe=5787565B

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Like a poster up the page, I'm also looking for a band for the Donegal area. A band like Bluemoose would be perfect but simply can't afford them along with their travel fees (which is understandable). Would love a rocky band, playing 50's-90's stuff (no bruno mars, killers, wagonwheel, galway girl).

venusdoom wrote: »
    Like a poster up the page, I'm also looking for a band for the Donegal area. A band like Bluemoose would be perfect but simply can't afford them along with their travel fees (which is understandable). Would love a rocky band, playing 50's-90's stuff (no bruno mars, killers, wagonwheel, galway girl).

thing is most bands play those songs as thats whats asked for at majority of weddings, you can ask any band to not play songs you don't like though, its really not a problem and bands are happier to get those lists as it helps to make you happy on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Does anyone have any reviews on The Funky Buskers
    http://www.funkybuskers.com/
    or Pat Fitz
    http://thepatfitzband.ie/

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

zdooldreb wrote: »
    http://www.funkybuskers.com/
    or Pat Fitz
    http://thepatfitzband.ie/

Thanks

Funky Busters are some Aslan heads who made up a band. They are really good, very stripped back but I really enjoyed a pub set I seen them at.

Pat Fitz, does a lot of one man shows but seems to be doing mainly weddings. I've only ever seen the one man thing and my god he was great. I can only imagine a band gig being even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EllieK2

zdooldreb wrote: »

or Pat Fitz

Thanks

Just chiming in to say we have The Funky Buskers at [redacted by user, the board gives me a 500 Internal Server Error when I try to post links, might be because of my low post count]

They are part of the Free Viewing Nights we organise, you can come and see them for free to help you decide.

Here are their next Free Viewing Nights:

16th September 2016 (Friday), at The Roost, Maynooth, starts at 23:00.

30th September 2016 (Friday), at Laurel's, Clondalkin, starts at 22:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Hi,

Looking for a recommendation (or even if a band themselves want to drop us a line, we can discuss it) wedding band to play our wedding reception in the Kingsley Hotel, Friday 4th August 2017. Ideally they'll also be able to provide a DJ for after their set. We're looking for a modern band that plays stuff along the following lines:

Kings of Leon; The Strokes; Bowie; The Beatles; The Dandy Warhols etc.

We were at a wedding at the weekend and the band, The Mixtape, played a setlist along the following lines http://themixtape.ie/setlist/ so that's the basic gist of what we're looking for.

We're not looking for trad Irish/brass band/funk/ska/soul etc. in case that's the sort of stuff the band does, albeit I'm sure they do it very well. :)

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod Note: brophs, your thread has been merged with the Wedding Music mega-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Faith wrote: »
    Mod Note: brophs, your thread has been merged with the Wedding Music mega-thread.

Apologies. When I did a search for Cork wedding band it showed a load of similar threads, but I should have checked the sticky posts and read the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No worries at all! A lot of bands may be subscribed to this thread and will be more likely to see a post in here, as opposed to a standalone thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Sax quartet for ceremony and/or wedding reception.

http://audionetworks.ie/drinks-reception-music/suitable-saxes/

Irelands top sax players. Please pm or follow link above for further info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Hi All,

Hoping for a bit of help here, for what may be an odd request (or not, haven't managed to read the full thread). We are getting married in Slovenia next year and we're having difficulty finding a good wedding band.

Does anyone have any details for wedding bands in Slovenia or the surrounding countries? (Italy, Croatia, Austria)

Or alternatively, if you know of any good bands based here that would be willing to travel, we would also be interested.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Hoping for a bit of help here, for what may be an odd request (or not, haven't managed to read the full thread). We are getting married in Slovenia next year and we're having difficulty finding a good wedding band.

Does anyone have any details for wedding bands in Slovenia or the surrounding countries? (Italy, Croatia, Austria)

Or alternatively, if you know of any good bands based here that would be willing to travel, we would also be interested.

Thanks!

if you're looking for a band to travel you're only limited by your budget. A good starting point is 2k for an experienced 4-5 piece wedding band here, throw 2 days travel and time and equipment transport and accommodation and lost gigs, could be looking at 2-3 times that and thats if they even would travel at all.

Have you got a wedding planner over there or booking yourself?

if you're looking for a band to travel you're only limited by your budget. A good starting point is 2k for an experienced 4-5 piece wedding band here, throw 2 days travel and time and equipment transport and accommodation and lost gigs, could be looking at 2-3 times that and thats if they even would travel at all.

Have you got a wedding planner over there or booking yourself?

We have a wedding planner, but the local bands she has put forward don't really do it for us in terms of the type of band we're looking for.

We're still working on budget, so if we can make savings elsewhere, then we may be able to increase the budget for the band. We're not expecting it to be cheap to have a band travel over, but I don't want to close off that avenue if it's something we can stretch the budget to.

We have a wedding planner, but the local bands she has put forward don't really do it for us in terms of the type of band we're looking for.

We're still working on budget, so if we can make savings elsewhere, then we may be able to increase the budget for the band. We're not expecting it to be cheap to have a band travel over, but I don't want to close off that avenue if it's something we can stretch the budget to.

Have you seen any bands here that you like? Theres somewhere in the region of 500 bands of all types and budget in ireland, and as according to all of them, theyre "officially the best band in Ireland (tm)" youre looking for independent recommendations, then taking the time to go and view or trying to take a guess based on a demo video.

Id suggest writing a mail asking are a band free that weekend, how much theyll charge, will they travel, how many are in the band, very few if any would be able to accurately cost that so far out as logistically as travel accom will vary so Id guess you'd have to ask band to price for their services and then youd have to pick up whatever variable costs occur. Flights, gear hire, hotels, transfers.

If its middle of summer top wedding bands could be out 4-5 nights a week if not more (I know a band that did 26 nights in a row last august), theyed have to factor in lost revenue when giving you a price.

Weddingsonline and wedding band association websites let you mail multiple bands at once if you register on there. see who replies.

HTH..

Have you seen any bands here that you like? Theres somewhere in the region of 500 bands of all types and budget in ireland, and as according to all of them, theyre "officially the best band in Ireland (tm)" youre looking for independent recommendations, then taking the time to go and view or trying to take a guess based on a demo video.

Id suggest writing a mail asking are a band free that weekend, how much theyll charge, will they travel, how many are in the band, very few if any would be able to accurately cost that so far out as logistically as travel accom will vary so Id guess you'd have to ask band to price for their services and then youd have to pick up whatever variable costs occur. Flights, gear hire, hotels, transfers.

If its middle of summer top wedding bands could be out 4-5 nights a week if not more (I know a band that did 26 nights in a row last august), theyed have to factor in lost revenue when giving you a price.

Weddingsonline and wedding band association websites let you mail multiple bands at once if you register on there. see who replies.

HTH..

Thanks a million. Appreciate all the info/advice.

Hi All,

Thanks!

Having been to a few Weddings here in Ireland in the past year, I would recommend using a DJ only. Most bands were too loud to be enjoyable. In fact, at the last one, most of the guests were either outside in the smoking area or sitting in the lounge area chatting and drinking, leaving a few hardy souls in the ballroom, they were that loud!
    The best wedding had a DJ only. They played what we wanted, either pre arranged or requests from guests and the floor was full all night! We even did a Siege of Ennis!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sevenshades

Hi,

Similar to the poster above, we're looking for a recommendation (or even if a band themselves want to drop us a line, we can discuss it) for a wedding band to play our wedding reception in the Brandon House Hotel, New Ross, Saturday 21st October 2017. Ideally they'll also be able to provide a DJ for after their set. We're looking for a band that would have plenty of energy to do a set that would cover 60s-90s music with a few current ones that everyone would know and a couple of waltzes etc. for the more mature guest.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

Looking for a wedding band in Cork for Sep 2018? Any suggestions? Want more of a rock band than motown, soul etc

Advertisement