Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Flamingo are good for a wedding. They get a lot of books in Galway/Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thenfly

helenMc wrote: »
    Hi All

Does anyone know if the following bands are any good for a wedding? So many bands are already booked up and I am keen to get one booked!
    - Fraggle Rock
    - Jive Buddies
    - The discovery
    - Tightrope
    - Freebird
    - The elastic band
    - Deja Vu
    - Honeymoon top ten?

Discovery are excellent - I heard them at a wedding in the Shannonoaks recently - I believe they're heavily booked for 2009 - my sister tried to get them. Definitely worth a call. Good luck, sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thenfly

tipp1974 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good band / dj in the Limerick / Clare /Tipperary region. I've looked up the usual sites but most of the bands are Dublin or Galway area so am hoping someone can recommend anyone for me. Cheers:)

Hi there. An interesting question. Surely any professional band or dj
    would be willing to travel - regardless of where. I get the impression
    a lot of so-called pro bands are really a bunch of guys with day-jobs,
    looking to do a little moonlighting.

I was at a wedding with my fiance, in the Hodson Bay, Athlone,
    back in August. The band were so good - and because we are getting married next year - I went up to the singer, on the tea break - and asked
    if they'd travel to the Slieve Russell, Cavan. She said it was no problem at all - and they're from Galway.

My thinking, since then, is if they say they can't or won't travel, you're talking to amateur or, at best, semi-pro. Not what you want for your wedding, eh ?

To conclude my story, we booked the band, and we got proper paperwork
    back within 2 days, confirming everything. They even sent us a demo CD,
    and a voucher for a meal for 2 at the Slieve Russell to the value of € 100. Now isn't THAT professional ?

Can't wait for the big day. YIPPEE !

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Try Finaltouch, we went to see them twice and they had the floor full on each occasion. Contact Paul at finaltouchband@eircom.net ... I don't suppose you know any good musicians for the church do you? We're getting married next May in Quilty, don't really want the usual soprano, would prefer something more natural (dare I say "folksy":rolleyes:) but can't find it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 galwayfotogrfr

I know of a good jazz/funk/standards wedding band in Limerick. My friend Colin from Walter Mitty and the Realists is in it. pm for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 butty24

My cousin's wedding had freebird in Sept.they were very good.played all sorts and got crowd going of all ages!!I know the male singer and he can play ought.lady singer with them aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 personalshopper

Hi there,

My Fiance and i are getting married on New Years Eve 2009.

We have saw and called so many bands and they all seem to be booked up!! We are starting to sweat at the moment.

Is there anyone out there that would be new in a band and maybe looking for a start? Or Church singers/DJ's?

We are having the reception in Raheen Woods in Athenry, Co. Galway.

We do like our music, we would like a package if poss but no problem if you can only do the band, maybe you would know a DJ that would work with you that night?

Also, what prices would we be expected to pay? We have not been quoted less than 2500 so far and it is too expensive!! And that's just the band!!

All help GREATLY appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

HUNTER : Check these guys out mate, brilliant band! They do a wide variety of music from rock to pop and they do weddings. Don't worry they do dress properly for wedding functions as you'll see they are rockers at heart. Nice bunch of people and very friendly. Best get them booked asap, they do a lot of gigs so maybe find out where they are playing next and check them out! They've even played at the Ryder couple in Ireland a couple of years back. HIGHLY recommended!

http://www.logon2life.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=570

• Registered Users Posts: 2 theVendettas

Hi,

We're a wedding band based in Cork called the Vendettas. We're still taking bookings for 2009 and have that date free at the moment.

We charge €1500 for a 2-3 hour set depending on when we start (its not unusual for speeches to run over and take some time). We also offer a Dj service for an extra €300 (he doesn't work for us so naturally his fee is seperate). Check out our website www.the-vendettas.com for more information and a list of a few of our songs.

Best of Luck anyway,

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

astuite wrote: »
    Check out www.weddingvenuessection.ie they have just set up a wedding section on the site which has mp3's and the contact details for bands in Dublin and the surrounding area.
    Astuite, no they don't, there's only one band there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 scooter1

there's a great swing jazz band called 'swing and co' , they have a my space under they're name. they cost around €1500 plus more if travelling outside dublin.

has anybody had 'the irish rat pack' ? how much are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tooler

Had anybody got any recommendations for bands called "Vertigo" and "After Dark"? We're going to see them play over the next few weeks, but was wondering if anybody has seen them at a wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 donal1981

Hi All
    Does anyone have a contact number for wedding band "Minus Two".

Also does anyone know what they are like for weddings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lexus1981

I was at my pals wedding recently and he had a group called Men In Black - they were brilliant. They really got the crowd going and it was a great mix of tunes. Either that or I was just on my own high! Most Bands have a DJ that can come on after them - they work out a package price for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nicholas.murphy

Hi,

I'm looking for a DJ with percussionist & brass accompaniment for our wedding next year. Music style would be disco through to dance.

I’ve been to many clubs & venues in the UK & on the continent where this is very normal, but I’m having trouble finding DJs back home.

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tessy10

Hi, Does anyone have any feedback on a band called Jigabyte based in Kerry please? Thinking of having them for a wedding in August 09.
    Also, any good bands in the Kerry area?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 QandA

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if 'The Amigos' and 'The Three Amigos' are the same band?

I have trwled through pages of wedding bands discussions but can't seem to find any info that can confirm it or otherwise!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dano

The Vendettas played at my sisters wedding last June in the Innishannon House Hotel. They were very good, played everything from the classics to more modern stuff. I'm booking them myself for next year, www.the-vendettas.com. Check them out..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Tooler wrote: »
    Had anybody got any recommendations for bands called "Vertigo" and "After Dark"? We're going to see them play over the next few weeks, but was wondering if anybody has seen them at a wedding?
    Yeah I saw Vertigo play at a mates wedding last month and they were excellent, they kept a crowd on the dancefloor all night.
    Couple were very happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 prince50

Hi there

Yes they are the same band they used to be known as The Three Amigos when there were only 3 band members, and have changed to The Amigos as there is now 4 of them
    you can contact Arthur Whelan ( band member ) 087 226 4401

Or go to see them play in Cullens Pub Ballsbridge Dublin every Sunday from 10.15pm

Regards

QandA wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me if 'The Amigos' and 'The Three Amigos' are the same band?

I have trwled through pages of wedding bands discussions but can't seem to find any info that can confirm it or otherwise!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 caroline jones

i would highly recommend the band 'restless'. they have played at a few functions and weddings i have been at and they were excellent.they have a website- www.restlessband.net. you wont be disappointed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 antoroisin

Anybody heard of "The Guests" in Limerick??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

big recommendation for the ska band 'special brew' who played a wedding I djed at in Finnstown house last weekend. they do all the madness, specials, clash, beat covers aswell as aha and wham etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

hi,

Getting married next August (2010) and looking to book a band now, I was recommended THE LOVE JUNKIES.

Anyone ever hear or see them?

Open to other suggestions also.

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 butty24

Have decided my band for our wedding in Galway will either be Raindance or Freebird ?any comments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Hi Folks, can anyone recommend a good wedding band in the south east - wexford/waterford for new years eve 09?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shrek2

There's a good band called Blush Wedding Choir. They're a choir quartet that sing in the church and they're also a reception band. they're website is www.blushweddingmusic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

Smileylynz - I saw them play in a bar in Douglas and they were brilliant. I am thinking of getting them to my wedding in July 2010 myself. I can't seem to get a contact number for them. Would you or anybody have one for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 laneyw

hi all
    im new to this craic, but can anyone tell me whats the going rate for a decent wedding band includin dj in galway?

and if anyone knows someone who is good for church music?

cheers:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 laneyw

anyone heard anything about a galway wedding band More cowbell????

Advertisement