Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

butty24 wrote: »
    Have decided my band for our wedding in Galway will either be Raindance or Freebird ?any comments?

See my comment above. Highly reccommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SabzK

Hi, Sorry im new to this and cant figure out how to start my own thread so i hope i dont cause any offence by posting here.
    Now my question is, has anyone heard of ultrasound wedding band? we were think of hiring them for our wedding but cant find a website or any refs on them. Any replies will be greatly appreciated thanks xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭celt262

Anyone recommend a good band in Midlands for next year?

PM's welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MORISH

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good band in the kildare/dublin area, getttin married next april and am wondering who is good and how much the average person is paying for a band these days, as i have not been to that many weddings in ireland. I was hoping for something with a jazz/ratpack type of vibe but it doesn't have to be.

All PM's very welcome Thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

I might as well pimp it:D

www.epicband.info

• Advertisement

Anyone know anything about a band called Innuendo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dmohalloran

Hi all,
    My Fiance and I are going to be booking a wedding band in the next few days. They are called "The Beat Club". We seen them play at a pub gig and really liked them, does anyone have any experience of them at weddings. They have a lot of experience at weddings, the dates where they played weddings did not suit us.
    We have not seen any other bands, so I am a bit concerned we are missing out on some gem of a band. The day is not till Nov 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hi all,
    My Fiance and I are going to be booking a wedding band in the next few days. They are called "The Beat Club". We seen them play at a pub gig and really liked them, does anyone have any experience of them at weddings. They have a lot of experience at weddings, the dates where they played weddings did not suit us.
    We have not seen any other bands, so I am a bit concerned we are missing out on some gem of a band. The day is not till Nov 2010.

Hi,

I am slightly biased as I dj after these guys quite a bit but they are a great
    band. They have members from Irish bands such as Revelino, Picturehouse
    and the Commitments band and are great musicians first and foremost.
    They cover songs like Depeche mode - I just can't get enough, Madness -
    baggy trousers, smiths - this charming man and dexy's - come on eileen and
    they sound exactly like the originals. Makes my job so much easier when the
    dancefloor is already full for the night. I have also recommended them to friends
    who are getting married and they are definitely the best wedding band I have
    seen since I started djing.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MORISH

Hi all,

Thats so wierd i just looked at their website yesaterday and am seeing if they are available for my wedding in april 2010. I must say dmohalloran, your very organinsed for a nov wedding, i'm now beginning to panic, but everyone i already contacted seem to be avilable for april. Glad they sounded good live but i wonder if there is a differance seeing a band at a gig rather than at a wedding??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

MORISH wrote: »
    Thats so wierd i just looked at their website yesaterday and am seeing if they are available for my wedding in april 2010. I must say dmohalloran, your very organinsed for a nov wedding, i'm now beginning to panic, but everyone i already contacted seem to be avilable for april. Glad they sounded good live but i wonder if there is a differance seeing a band at a gig rather than at a wedding??

Seeing them at a regular gig would give an idea how good they are as musicians
    and they may cover some of the songs you would like but it is worth seeing
    them handle the crowd at a wedding with the full sound and light rig and the
    playlist chosen by the bride and groom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 polly8

my brother got married in august, band were superb and did dj as well as church music, suited all age groups floor was full all night long. Called pat marnane and chain reaction.. tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dmohalloran

sweetie wrote: »
    Seeing them at a regular gig would give an idea how good they are as musicians
    and they may cover some of the songs you would like but it is worth seeing
    them handle the crowd at a wedding with the full sound and light rig and the
    playlist chosen by the bride and groom.

Hey sweetie,

we will be probably giving them a call to confirm with them. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭c1979

they are very good, just search weddings online for more feedback on them

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

Anyone know of any good wedding bands?

the price they charge?
    check out band called Musicbox, best covers band around, will do set to suit your tastes and they will have the crowd on the floor all night. Check wwwMusicboxdublin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mikeystipey

hi folks, has anyone had Gerry Browne and Blue for their wedding band? Or heard them at any gigs? Having our wedding at the White Sands hotel in Dublin in November and the hotel manager recommended them. cheers for any info!

anyone hear of Vat 19 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DeStijl

Hi all,

We had them for our wedding a few years ago. They are superb. We went for the 6 piece option and they went down a storm. We are both big into our music and these guys rock:D Expensive but worth every cent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lasalle

thinking of hiring the Irish Rat Pack. they seem to be very popular with good reviews but a bit on the pricey side. any feedback about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Laney1

Hi,

Does anyone know of any bands that charge under 2,000 inc. Dj in the Dublin/Kildare area?

Anyone know how much 5th Avenue charge, I've heard they're fab!!

Any info much appreciated;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Hey guts - anyone hear of a band named gobsmacked? They're from the sligo/leitrim area and were recommended to us by a few hotels. Feedback greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MRS.O

Heya guys looking for a good band with dj for wedding in 2010 can anyone recommend anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 42 maeve49

Hiya,
    Just wondering if anyone has heard of this band Milhouse?
    Any feedback would really be appreciated, we were looking at them for our wedding.

If anyone could recommend a band/dj for Mayo area would be great, we were looking at raindance but they are booked out.

Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 focuswrc

Hi,
    I was looking for a similar band to what you've mentioned. Just wondering did you find a band which suited?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

FUSE. FROM COUNTY WATERFORD ARE GOOD. GIVE THEM A BUZZ. DAVID 087 6707665

IM IN A BAND AND I THINK U ARE OVER BUDGETING FOR THE BAND. SOME BANDS THINK THEY ARE GOOD AND SO CHARGE SCANDALOUS PRICES. I THINK YOU CUD GET A GOOD WEDDING BAND FOR UNDER 2K

YOU WONT GET MANY BANDS TO PLAY A THREE HOUR SET. ITS USUALLY 2 TO 2 AND A HALF.

hi. i know a band from waterford called fuse that play killers, kings of leon, the beatles, the fratellis etc. and as far as i know they are reasnable enough. check them out on myspace. fuseireland

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jesso

Hi everyone,
    I'm in a wedding band too, been reading this thread with interest.
    I won't post the name of my band, but we are doing about 55 weddings a year at the moment.
    Just in relation to cost.
    It's a tough job, and I feel that the prices are justified. The amount of behind the scenes planning and practicing that goes on is huge.
    It's not just 4 guys turning up on the night and blasting through a few tunes! Theres a lot of admin and organization.
    The whole success of the evening depends on the band. Quite a lot of responsability! Not for the faint hearted....
    Every wedding setlist is planned in great detail depending on the brides requests for the evening... and we go to great lengths to get everything just right. We practice twice a week to keep our set up to date, to learn first dances, and make sure we don't forget the stuff that we've already learned! Keeping 90 songs in your recent memory is a big ask!
    There are lots of costs involved too. Buying the right equipment, paying for a big (reliable!) van, advertising and website design.... it all adds up.... and thats before you pay tax on it!
    OK, so when your busy (the summer) the money is good, but I'm not sure if the 12 hour day would agree with everyone.... Usually I find myself leaving the house at about 4pm, and not getting back until at least 4am... in fact that would be an early night for me!
    We charge in around €2000 for a 2 hour fourty five minute set, and we earn every penny. (Sometimes its less depending on the time of year/day of the week.)
    We get great feed back after gigs, and have a huge ammount of positive testimonials. I also have to say that playing to a room full of people celebrating their friend/familys wedding is great fun, and we really enjoy ourselves. I think that comes accross during our set. Which ever band you pick, make sure they look like they're enjoying themselves when they play!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Was at a wedding the weekend in Tipperary, there was a great band playing called i think "Cuisle". Not sure of the spelling but they are a trad band.

Anyone hear of them before / have contact details?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Myself and my fiance have 'The Busy Fingers' from Drumlish in Longford booked for our wedding in August 2010...

They're class.

Advertisement