Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explosion / Lightning in Fingal?

• 02-07-2006 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear/see/feel the huge noise this morning around Balbriggan and Skerries?

I was sitting in my bed and for about a second or two there was an absence of sound then a huge rumble like a bomb going off or something, and a bright light that shone for about 2 or 3 seconds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Rhyme wrote:
    Anyone hear/see/feel the huge noise this morning around Balbriggan and Skerries?

I was sitting in my bed and for about a second or two there was an absence of sound then a huge rumble like a bomb going off or something, and a bright light that shone for about 2 or 3 seconds.

1. Distress flare from a boat?

2. 'Portugese' celebrations?

3. Skerries 100 bikers partying?

4. Thunder and lightning?

5. Hallucinations?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

It seemed awfull close to be a flare or any kind of celebrations... i did think of hallucinations, thankfully my family heard it too and a friend in Skerries... im not crazy ;)

My first thought was 'someones house blew up?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The lads over in the weather forum may know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

That would be thunder and lightning my dear. It was the same in the city centre this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ah, ive only been in the middle of a serious thuderstorm once and this vastly superceded that one...

A pile of cats sprinted past my house after it, funny stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

Rhyme wrote:

I heard it. I was talking to someone at the time and nearly fell over with the fright. Not the biggest thunder fan. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i thought someone was out my back taking photo's of the house, at about 1am. thankfully sleep got the better of me.

dont think i've ever expereinced thunder + lighning less the rain before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

It's the army training in Gormanston. They fire artillery out to sea:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I thoguht I had blown a fuse when I saw this big flash of light in my kitchen,then a few seconds later heard the thunder it made more sense then:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I heard (and felt) it too. Car and house alarms were going off all day afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

i heard it from out in stamullen, woke me up! apparently it was right overhead in the brig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It felt like it was right over my house! My first thought was that a car bomb had gone off in the street. Just one unmerciful clap and that was it. Very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Earlier that morning I saw a hairy Scots guy in Dharma overalls with a key head off to a hatch on Lambay. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'm in Skerries (Downside) and there was some thunder about midday, one or two big rumbleings, Kept hearing alot of bangs but figured it was a farmer shooting.

Are you near the coast?

Woo hoo

It's kicked off again. I love thunder & lightning!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

gillo wrote:
    I'm in Skerries (Downside) and there was some thunder about midday, one or two big rumbleings, Kept hearing alot of bangs but figured it was a farmer shooting.

Are you near the coast?

Grew up in Shenick - Living up in The Hills now.
    Saw some cracking forked lightning last evening.
    Would have been between Milverton & the Golf Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Hill Billy wrote:
    Grew up in Shenick - Living up in The Hills now.
    Saw some cracking forked lightning last evening.
    Would have been between Milverton & the Golf Club.

aye saw that myself in balbriggan last night. was brilliant stuff.

Yeah, it felt unbelieveably close alright.

Shenick to the Hills, nice move, it's normally the opposite way.

Advertisement