Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is the best AM2 mobo?? :(

Options
  • 02-07-2006 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

just 2 weeks ago i was all set getting my new pc... had a birthday coming up to get me the rest of the money together i and i was prefecty happy getting 939 socket dfi mobo... but now i am hearing more and more good things about am2 but dont know which one to get :(

ive been looking at the Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X and the MSI K9N Diamond nForce 590 SLi
    does anyone know anyting about this or can help me choose a better one??

tnx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

abit are good dont know much about msi tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I just got an ASUS M2N-E, nice middle of the road board, only one PCI x16 slot as I plan to upgrade later when the dust settles after the conroe launch.

Ive only had it running for 2 days, but im really happy with it so far. I dont do any overclocking (yet), so i cant help you there, but as a standard board it has lots of the nice usual ASUS features and the passive heat pipe does a good job at keeping noise down while temps are normal.

It has plenty of room for SATA HDDs and all the usual. on board sound works really well too, i had my reservations about this as ive only ever used creative cards before.

I dont know what else to say really, it hasnt crashed or blown up yet, works really well with the 2GB of corsair XMS2 i got, so if ur looking for a nice board, id say ASUS, although i have no basis for comparison except with all the Dells ive owned, but we all know they dont count :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

asus usually do good boards, ive had a few in the past.. but dont know about the am2 boards, i suppose googling for reviews would be the best way to go about it

Advertisement