Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend restaurant in Dublin city

• 02-07-2006 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for somewhere with a good range on the menu, and would serve beers too (not really wine drinkers us).
    I guess something on par with Luigi Malones (but dont want to go there).
    It's for the girlfriends birthday, so somewhere nice!
    Just can't think of anywhere at the mo... any tips would be great.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

There's a thread about it, elsewhere on the forum, But Elephant and Castle in Temple bar is excellent, and has a decent selection of beers.
    You'll have to be willing to wait an hour+ for a table most nights however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Well, I don't know of they serve beer here, but if you want to go to a really well priced restaurant with amazing food... Gruel on Dame Street.

Supurb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

TGI Fridays

great staff and atmosphere and nice Bar, but pricy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

I like goin to Odessa (off Dame Lane).

The menu is not huge but they do a bit of everything and they ALWAYS have excellent specials.

In fact everytime I went there I ordered one of the specials.
    Lemme think...
    Ostrich steak
    Fillet of Lamb
    Swordfish Steak

Tastey.

Not too sure if they have a big selection of beers though.

Oh yeah make sure you get a table in downstairs - it's all couches and leather seats, very comfortable.

Regards

Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Enzo's in Fairview on Fairview Strand.

Brilliant little Italian place that's way above the standard of most Temple Bar places and is reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

abetarrush wrote:
    TGI Fridays

great staff and atmosphere and nice Bar, but pricy

avoid at all costs...

Someone mentioned Odessa, good spot for a group thing and can book in advance which is better than say Elephant and Castle... There's so many good spots in the city though, also good for a group thing worth looking at

Milano's in general, Cafe Bar Deli, FXB Restaurant, Bang Cafe, Eden and Lemongrass

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

If you're thinking of lunch maybe consider http://www.rolysbistro.ie/

It's kinda classy and may impress the g/f, but still only about €20 for 3-course lunch menu, even on weekends! Best value in town that I know of. :)

They certainly do spirits, so I'm sure they have beer too...

I'm a big fan of Ba Misu myself. It's off grafton street in Powerscourt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mo-Mo

Cafe Bar Deli
    The Market Bar - great food for GREAT prices and of course loads of beers
    Brasserie 66
    Aliling House(not sure how it's spelt) - It's a Korean on Parnell Street, dead cheap beers and great food
    The House of India or is it Taste of India, near the back of Powerscourt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Canal bank cafe on upper leeson street is awesome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

RuggieBear wrote:
    Canal bank cafe on upper leeson street is awesome

tis kool. Pretty sure run by the same crowd who run Elephant&Castle, but it has nicer surroundings and a slightly more varied menu. I'd go there above E&C any day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

A bit late on this one but apart from pizza Indian food goes very well with beer and there are several excellent (and great value) Indian restaurants in Dublin. In particular I might recommend Maloti on South William Street, which has an evening menu for I think €18 and quite a nice interior. Chadni in Ballsbridge is also great, not sure about the evening menu but an excellent €10 lunch menu.

Advertisement