Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donaghmede

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Stekelly wrote:
    Clondalkin has 2 garda stations. I'd be willing to bet it's not 5 miles from the tallaght garda station to the one in clondalkin village aswell.

Maybe so but this is current Government policy,how long ago were the 2 stations in Clondalkin built...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

There will be a garda station in Donaghmede within the next few years, Just my opinion, and I think they will build one. I lived down the road from Millbrook for over 15 years, so I know the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Queen o'te Hill

Coming from Donaghmede I have to defend the place a bit. It's a lovely open space on the Grangemore side. The only thing is though there are a lot of local youngens moving in and lowering the tone a bit. I think any estate these days you are going to have the usual suspects. I like Grangemore but I think the more and more houses that are being built is not doing it any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Coming from Donaghmede I have to defend the place a bit.
    i've defended donaghmede on this board before but, i have to face facts it is getting a bad name on the news papers, but its only a few thats pissing on thier own door step, resulting we have to put with the smell:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Zebra3 wrote:
    A lot of people (especially the media) aren't really sure what areas these shootings happen in (a lot of people in these areas claim to live in Raheny to push up the price of their gaffs) and sometimes a shooting get linked to Coolock because that's the nearest Garda station even though the shooting could have happened 3 or 4 miles away.

Yeah this annoys the life out of me!
    And when things actually happen here in coolock they're never in the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Millbrook is wherever you want it to be.

But it's not like you can blame it's sorrounding area for not wanting it in their domain.
    Not even Killbarrick want to take it.

Advertisement