Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a hypocrite!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Giruilla wrote:
    Eh... this girl threw a glass of water over a woman twice her age for no reason!
    Again not here to defend any of Graces actions, just trying to point out the level that the abuse has sunk too…

And this isn’t the first time that water was used as a weapon in BB. Two examples I can think off happened last year, Science threw a cup on someone and I think Kemal got hit by one in bed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

K_user wrote:
    And its important to remember that she herself was quite shocked at her own footage. That, perhaps, she isn’t all that “mean” spirited, just extremely thoughtless.

She may have been shocked by her own footage. But she wasn't sorry for throwing the water, in those two examples you gave the people involved were remorseful and did see that there actions were wrong and stupid. Grace however is proud of what she has done and isn't remorseful and said she wouldn't apoligise for what she did. She also used her experience of being around other dancers as the reason she was nasty and bitchy because that the way the industry is. As for not knowing how the media works I think she is well aware of how it works, as a trained dancer this is something she would need to know.

trishw78 wrote:
    She may have been shocked by her own footage. But she wasn't sorry for throwing the water, in those two examples you gave the people involved were remorseful and did see that there actions were wrong and stupid. Grace however is proud of what she has done and isn't remorseful and said she wouldn't apoligise for what she did. She also used her experience of being around other dancers as the reason she was nasty and bitchy because that the way the industry is. As for not knowing how the media works I think she is well aware of how it works, as a trained dancer this is something she would need to know.
    Ok – again – once more – in case you haven’t noticed I’ve mentioned this before – I’m not defending Grace or her actions.

I am however pointing out how nasty and completely over the top people have gotten over someone who really wasn’t the “worst” in the BB house. She was a “b*tich”, but she has admitted to it. But are any of the following comments truly justifiable:

“Trash, that she has no shame, she looks like a 12 year old boy, that the joke is on her, dumbass, a Young Boy in Speedos, that she has no tits and an unusually large head, a trollop, a total Hypocrit and non chique.”

No they are not. They are nasty for the sake of being nasty. And that is wrong.

Secondly “knowing” the media does not mean you “understand” the media. Being a dancer doesn’t prepare you for instant fame, nor does it prepare you for huge and personal attacks by people who are just as guilty of the “crimes” that you’ve committed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

K_user wrote:
    Ok – again – once more – in case you haven’t noticed I’ve mentioned this before – I’m not defending Grace or her actions.

I am however pointing out how nasty and completely over the top people have gotten over someone who really wasn’t the “worst” in the BB house. She was a “b*tich”, but she has admitted to it. But are any of the following comments truly justifiable:

“Trash, that she has no shame, she looks like a 12 year old boy, that the joke is on her, dumbass, a Young Boy in Speedos, that she has no tits and an unusually large head, a trollop, a total Hypocrit and non chique.”

I know where you are coming from, and your intentions are noble, but the fact is, she put herself in the line for comments like that when she applied to join Big Brother. Thats the whole point of the show, we can point and laugh and mock those traits we see in others that we may also see in ourself, and don't like. It's not personal. I'm sure if Grace walked into a room with any of the people that slagged her off in this thread, none of them would be nasty to her based on her portrayal in BB, they'd be interested in finding out for themselves what she's really like. But unless that happens, you are really talking about a character on a TV show. The irony is that if BB was full of nice people every year, it wouldn't still be running because it would be really boring. So Grace, if she is a wannabe, only got the chance she got because of people's delight in slagging other people off. She wouldn't be on the cover of whatever mag she's on, she'd still be looking for a way to get on it. So, it's a double-edged sword and you can't have one without the other. And, in fairness, she was hardly on her best behaviour, was she?
    Secondly “knowing” the media does not mean you “understand” the media. Being a dancer doesn’t prepare you for instant fame, nor does it prepare you for huge and personal attacks by people who are just as guilty of the “crimes” that you’ve committed.
    no offense to dancers, but I would imagine all it prepares you for is a lifetime waiting tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Grace on the cover of Nuts... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .... she is a total hypocrite... :rolleyes:

'the pictures you thought you'd never see'

They should have said: 'The pictures you never wanted to see' :D:D:D

ha ha ha Grace you are a spa!

• Advertisement

tbh wrote:
    I know where you are coming from, and your intentions are noble, but the fact is, she put herself in the line for comments like that when she applied to join Big Brother. Thats the whole point of the show, we can point and laugh and mock those traits we see in others that we may also see in ourself, and don't like. It's not personal. I'm sure if Grace walked into a room with any of the people that slagged her off in this thread, none of them would be nasty to her based on her portrayal in BB, they'd be interested in finding out for themselves what she's really like. But unless that happens, you are really talking about a character on a TV show. The irony is that if BB was full of nice people every year, it wouldn't still be running because it would be really boring. So Grace, if she is a wannabe, only got the chance she got because of people's delight in slagging other people off. She wouldn't be on the cover of whatever mag she's on, she'd still be looking for a way to get on it. So, it's a double-edged sword and you can't have one without the other. And, in fairness, she was hardly on her best behaviour, was she?

Thank you - at last - a reasonable post! :D

I'm not defending Grace, I've already mentioned that she was a bit of a t*t on the show. By her actions and her big mouth she did set her self up for a fall and I'm sure the intention was to get noticed.

Now to climb off my high horse, I’ve gone into long winded rants ;) about others in the house. But there is a line in this. After a while these character insults turn extremely nasty and thats what has annoyed me. Whats even more frustrating is that if two people share the same traits, the media and the public will hate one and love the other. And to me that makes the public the biggest hypocrite of all.
    tbh wrote:
    no offense to dancers, but I would imagine all it prepares you for is a lifetime waiting tables.
    Sssshhh!! :p

rsta wrote:
    Grace on the cover of Nuts... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .... she is a total hypocrite... :rolleyes:

'the pictures you thought you'd never see'

They should have said: 'The pictures you never wanted to see' :D:D:D

ha ha ha Grace you are a spa!
    A point in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

K_user wrote:
    Now to climb off my high horse

K_user wrote:
    A point in case...

We're waiting....

come on....

get off that horse.......

sure whatever - hypocrit, blah blah - I'm sure she was offered tonnes of cash for it.
    so she said "I'd never do nuts/zoo" - why would she say that? Probably coz she would never expect to be asked to model for anything in the first place - she may as well have taken the "moral high ground" and said she'd only appear in classy mags like FHM (like there's a difference anyway). She was taking the piss out of nicky for doing it out of pure jealousy - it was just another way for her to put nicky down in her typical schoolyard bully manner.

you must admit it is pretty funny though - saying "I'd never do nuts" and now she's on the cover - shame she didnt say "I'd never to hardcore pr0n" - now that I might watch,. :eek:

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    We're waiting....

come on....

get off that horse.......

sure whatever - hypocrit, blah blah - I'm sure she was offered tonnes of cash for it.
    I've mentioned this above already...

K_user wrote:

I guess the fact that no one has replied to this proves that there is no justification...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

:mad: jesus,some people really like to hog topics...talk about overposting...give it a rest already you cant keep giving your opinions until people suddenly say "oh!you know what,your right!i completely agree with everything you have to say!" so stop trying to make it happen!!!!

(ok ill go back into my box now....byeee)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

K_user wrote:
    I guess the fact that no one has replied to this proves that there is no justification...
    are you high or drunk or something?
    i'm a little tipsy and even i can scroll up the page.

in case you are unable to do so, i refer you to this :http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51670114&postcount=35
    and this: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51670225&postcount=37

K_user wrote:
    tbh wrote:
    Sssshhh!!

ladies and gentlemen, we have an answer as to why K user is sticking up for grace so much.
    yes, you have given yourself away. you are siding with her because you too are a dancer.
    inspector clueseau strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

julep wrote:

in case you are unable to do so, i refer you to this :http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51670114&postcount=35
    and this: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51670225&postcount=37

ladies and gentlemen, we have an answer as to why K user is sticking up for grace so much.
    yes, you have given yourself away. you are siding with her because you too are a dancer.
    inspector clueseau strikes again.

Nice one inspector Julep ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

TheGooner wrote:
    Nice one inspector Julep ;)
    nothing gets past me.

julep wrote:

:confused: :rolleyes: You sure you can scroll? :D
    K_user wrote:
    We all know that Grace was a bit of a t*t
    K_user wrote:
    generally acting like a g*t
    K_user wrote:
    As I said Grace was a t*t
    K_user wrote:
    She went on BB, she wasn’t overly pleasant, she set herself up for abuse
    K_user wrote:
    Again not here to defend any of Graces actions
    K_user wrote:
    Ok – again – once more – in case you haven’t noticed I’ve mentioned this before – I’m not defending Grace or her actions
    K_user wrote:
    I'm not defending Grace, I've already mentioned that she was a bit of a t*t on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Here's a suggestion K_user...

Instead of crusading for the virtues of Grace (oh, wait sorry I forgot...you're not defending her...) and instead of dragging other threads off-topic like you did on the 'Classic Nikki Lines' thread why not start a new thread about how you think we're all too abusive and how the public's like of Nikki encourages bad behaviour?

Maybe then people here will be more willing to debate with you. As it stands now you're just being incredibly irritating.

Here's a suggestion K_user...

Instead of crusading for the virtues of Grace (oh, wait sorry I forgot...you're not defending her...) and instead of dragging other threads off-topic like you did on the 'Classic Nikki Lines' thread why not start a new thread about how you think we're all too abusive and how the public's like of Nikki encourages bad behaviour?

Maybe then people here will be more willing to debate with you. As it stands now you're just being incredibly irritating.
    Since when is it a crime on a MB to respond to someone? Julep made a comment, I replied. If you have a problem with this thread still being around say it to Julep…or just don’t read the thread.

Secondly its obvious that you never bothered to read any of my points, and are just out to be abusive at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

K_user wrote:
    Since when is it a crime on a MB to respond to someone? Julep made a comment, I replied. If you have a problem with this thread still being around say it to Julep…or just don’t read the thread.

Secondly its obvious that you never bothered to read any of my points, and are just out to be abusive at this point.

I have absolutely no problem with this thread being around. However, I htink it's a bit ridiculous that you felt the need to quote yourself in order to keep your debate going.

I have read all of your posts and I am not being abusive. I would just like to be able to come here and read a thread that isn't dragged off-topic.

Your posts on the Nikki thread were way off-topic and tbh that just ruins the thread. If you want to have this in-depth analysis of the public response to the housemates in terms of 'abuse' then do what everyone else does and start your own thread.

I have absolutely no problem with this thread being around. However, I htink it's a bit ridiculous that you felt the need to quote yourself in order to keep your debate going.
    My reply was in direct responce to julep who stated that a) I was unable to scroll up a page and b) that I had been defending Grace.

This has nothing to do with "my" debate, I was simply replying to a critisim. Had there been no response I wouldn't have replied.
    Your posts on the Nikki thread were way off-topic and tbh that just ruins the thread. If you want to have this in-depth analysis of the public response to the housemates in terms of 'abuse' then do what everyone else does and start your own thread.
    If you check my last post on the "Nikki thread" you'll see that I apologised for being an a**, that it all went a bit OTT, that it was all meant in good fun and no offence was meant. What more do you want from me? :confused:

Advertisement