Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upload image on local machine - access to path is denied

Options
  • 02-07-2006 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a .net app that uploads images to a folder inside inetpub. Usually when i am in work i just right click on the destination folder and set the security so that the asp user account can write to that folder,

I dont seem to have this option at home when i right click on a folder (i am using XP pro).

Does anyone know how i can set the security settings of the folder i am uploading stuff into ?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You might just need to disable simple file sharing. In any explorer/my computer window, go to Tools->Folder Options->View, one of the check boxes should be for simple file sharing (which actually isn't simple at all because it hides all the options you need :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Lucifer 2

This is a bit obvious, but make sure you're logged on as an administrator.

Advertisement