Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any more ideas

Options
  • 02-07-2006 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

omg just watched bleach and its great.

so far i am up to bleach and naruto in FILLERS so was wondering what else is good and has good action.

i have heard that hellsing is not ment to be the best and so is One Piece but everyone has different views.

and also im trying to get some fansub of Neon Genesis Evangelion anyone know were i can get it :D

tnx hope you can help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i was going to reccomend one of the few anime I thought was pretty decent.. but that spelling just turned me off any desire to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

think its fixed :D

im abit dyslexic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

in that case, have you seen Berserk? awfully violent and bloody fantastic.

hellsing's alright but it does kinda fall apart near the end and the animation suffers a bit then too iirc.

trying to think of a few more but blisfully it's been so long since I've watched anime I've forgotten most of it

rah-xephon, cowboy bebop, trigun .all rock too if you haven't seen them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Very good recommendations - I'll throw in Outlaw Star into that collection also :)

Might want to start reading some manga also, I've been keeping up with Bleach and its fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mordeth wrote:
    in that case, have you seen Berserk? awfully violent and bloody fantastic.
    damn straight!

• Advertisement

tnx will try them out :D

anyone know were to download a fansub of Neon Genesis Evangelion

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

awhir wrote:
    anyone know were to download a fansub of Neon Genesis Evangelion

It's licenced, so you should buy it(or at least ask somewhere where the fansubber social contract isn't enshrined in the forum rules). Was good for its time, some classic scenes, but has, in my opinion, been far surpassed since.

Unless it's the teenage angst aspect you're after. Big-assed Robots? Conspiracies? Invasion from the stars? Thick religious undertones? Teens saving the world? That's been done - arguably better - elsewhere.

Angst! That's the edge NGE had!

It had angst. In spades! Never to be equalled! Even if they named an anime 'Angsty Andy on an Angst-Ridden journey in the Land of Angst' it would barely match the angst Shinji exuded before getting out of bed for another soul-crushing mission at the behest of his father.

For my money, Bebop had more soul and better music. Berserk was ten-times as intriguing, had lots of angst on the battelfield and got me entirely caught up in its story. Outlaw Star was a nice jaunt along without being challenging. Black Cat was a good, recent actioner, and Noir was kinda slick. Martian Successor Nadesico was light hearted-series with lots o' action at every turn - mecha in space!!! And speaking of non-stop action, there's always Vandread. I'd say you should try a few episodes of each to see what grabs you.

For non-licenced, I'd suggest, angst-wise, 'Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu' - did the whole "I'm saving the world but why? What has the world ever done for me? Grab what happiness I can for however long I can."-type thing. It doesn't have mecha-fights in it, though and the action may be too sparse for some. Its focus is the relationship of the main characters. You can get this from Lunar Anime.

For a pure actioner that's just fun, go for 're:Cutie Honey' by anime-forever.

great guide man tnx a million.

allways loved bebop great show :D

also gona give Eureka seveN a try and see and then give your recs and everone elses a try so thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Man its been a while since I was in this forum, but hey no job and a lazy Monday so... How about Guyver? Fell free to flame me since I dont have any real clue.

just watched all of Neon Genesis Evangelion and i got very confused :confused::confused: after ep 25 and the movie.anyone feeling the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

Well the movie End Of Evangelion was meant to replace ep 25 and 26. There was uproar about the last two episodes in Japan and among fans elsewhere. As they were expecting 25 and 26 to have amazing battle sequences. This is where end of eva steps in. So if u are going to follow the Evangelion storyline without getting confuzed, do yourself a favour and choose the movie or the last two episodes as the storyline.
    Hope that helps.:confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I prefer to take 25 & 26 as the character closure, with EoE as the visual spectacle that was being built up to.

EoE is devoid of real closure without 25 & 26, the problem though, is that it appears that 25 & 26 are ignored by EoE, if the last scene is anything to go by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

CuLT wrote:
    I prefer to take 25 & 26 as the character closure, with EoE as the visual spectacle that was being built up to.

Really!!. Ive heard other people say the same thing. But i just cant help feeling that the true ending lay in EoE. I know 25 n 26 were insightfull but i couldnt help but feel dissapointed by them. Even in terms of charcter closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

If 24 & 26 were unsatisfying, EoE was a train wreck. It closed out all the Seele & Instrumentality whatsits, but utterly changed many of the carefully developed characters.

Shinji at the start of EoE, has reverted back to his moping start of series self. Asuka goes from mental collapse to 100% functional valkyrie in the time it takes to finish a sandwich. Many characters act in ways that make them utterly unlikeable, and its not even for any good reason. Theres the whole 'stroke' incident, Misato going from positive, motivating influence in Shinji's life, to essentially seducing him to cajole him to fight. The diluted psychology lesson through which Shinji reverses instrumentality is a joke.

The whole Gendo 'I just want to be loved' vibe was practically the nail in the coffin.

The fact that no characters actions accomplish anything in the movie, beyond Shinji's 'factory reset' rubs you up the wrong way.

EoE pimped up the after last angel thing, which was important for resolution of some interesting story threads, but it didn't have to poison everyones experience of Eva to do it.

Advertisement