Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking up old posts

Options
  • 02-07-2006 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me how you search your old posts. i want to look at some of my old posts and i dont know how to do it. thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

click on your username to the left there and choose "search for more posts by this user" or something along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Is that available to people who aren't mods/subscribers? Plus it only tells you the last 500 posts which isn't of much help if you're looking for one of your very old posts.

The Google workarounds thread might be of assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I tried clicking on my username to find my posts but couldn't get any further than "you're not allowed to access...." sorta thing!

Didn't there used to be a click on thing "view your own posts" or am I imagining it????? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Yeah, it used to be on the homepage, but they took it off.

Actualy, this is exactly what I get!

"sudzs, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

WTF does that mean?!

• Advertisement

snappieT wrote:
    Yeah, it used to be on the homepage, but they took it off.

Why oh why?????

It put a strain on the servers.

Oh

So how can ya see your own posts then??

Google Workarounds Thread.

This sort of does the job.

Thank you!

It seems so obvious now!! :o