Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Romance of Vinyl...

• 02-07-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

Over the weekend, I dug my 30-year old Sony ‘audiophile’ turntable out of storage along with the 1000+ LP’s I have languishing in the attic, and plugged it into my Denon AV amp.

Amazing! It’s probably been about 10 years since I heard vinyl properly and forgot how ‘warm’ and ‘organic’ it sounds.

One of the LP’s I played was an original copy of Dark Side of the Moon I got ages ago. The vinyl is so thick, it could almost be a dinner-plate! Gorgeous.

It’s so easy so get lazy when you’re sitting on a cache of MP3’s and you’re playing stuff on a song-by-song basis rather than on an album-by-album basic.

It was also interesting to put the turntable through some of the surround-sound features of the Denon AV amp.

Anyways, I was thinking of buying a new turntable. The ProJect decks look really good, and aren’t too expensive. Of course I could always lose the plot and buy a Linn Sonndek and photo-stage, but then I’d have to upgrade my amp, then my speakers, them my cables!...

Any suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement