Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Ciné trip

Options
  • 02-07-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

It was proposed by others that we have a boards cinema day-out (see other thread) I'm setting this up for if we need to choose a film.

I left blank spaces in case more films come out.

Its a pity the Savoy is not showing "Thank you for Smoking" I saw it and it was brilliant.

I saw United 93 too. It sucked gratuitous balls.

What day suits you best to go to the cinema? 18 votes

Monday
    0%
    Tuesday
    16%
    rainbow kirbymikemacgubbie 3 votes
    Wednesday
    11%
    SangreScraggs 2 votes
    Thursday
    22%
    Red Alertblondie83pFdChakar 4 votes
    Friday
    22%
    Mr.Nice GuysingingstrangerelmyraThe_Minister 4 votes
    Saturday
    0%
    Sunday
    27%
    ChinafootsnickerpussJonny ArsonBlush_01Nehpets 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

do a multiple choice pole for a date too, unless this is a piss take:o

crap, too late, is this really necessary monica??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Friday
    First I'm a horse, now I'm Monica - why are boardsies calling me these things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

humbert wrote:
    is this really necessary monica??
    lol, quality.

Truth be told, I was thinkin' something similar myself. Think a date, time, and venue are all more important priorities we should get sorted rather than what film we're gonna see (especially given that we can decide when we get there).

also there are more films coming out soon so when this is on is significant!

Edit: yea what seb said!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Wednesday
    Harry from McFly is a hottie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sunday
    I think Blush had it right when she suggested picking the movie while we're out in the park. Better off picking a date first. Like humbert said, there'll be more films out when we do go.

:)

Friday
    If we poll the dates then everyone will start saying next week no this week and in the end there will be three votes for three different dates. At least this way we can all see the same film.

EDIT: If you all want to change the poll and title I'm sure Hullabaloo will be happy to please you.

Sunday
    Yea but...we'll have to decide a date anyway. Just have a multiple choice poll and the date with the most votes is the date we go on. It's the only way these things work.

There's no point in deciding on a film now when we might not be going for 2 or 3 weeks when there'll be more films out. I go to the cinema at least once a week (often more) and I've seen most of those films already. I'm sure others will be the same. Thats not to say I won't go along with what everyone wants, but it'd be better if we all had a bit more choice.

Just pick a date and then we can worry about what we go to see.

that's why I suggested people start posting dates that they are free in the other thread, then a multiple choice poll listing the dates posted can be put up to get a final answer. if it's not this week then I'll be wanting to see the grudge or something else, I've seen everything on at the moment. Oh and scraggs, for shame, for shame:)

Sunday
    Yup, definitely the best way to go.

Also, cineworld (formerly UGC on parnell st.) has more screens and generally more choice so I'd recommend there...and it has a bar. :)

• Advertisement

definitely, I'll hunt anyone who suggests otherwise down:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Friday
    I want to see 'blank'. I've heard good things.

Wednesday
    Yup, definitely the best way to go.

Also, cineworld (formerly UGC on parnell st.) has more screens and generally more choice so I'd recommend there...and it has a bar. :)
    I was just about to suggest that! If I've to put up with ye I certainly need alcohol in my system:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Thursday
    Yes UGC rules and you should all go there - (I swear they didnt make me say that!) Plus I get to go for free there :D Seriously though you can get a student price there at any time, whereas in the Savoy you can only get student priced tickets Monday to Thursday

Friday
    blondie83 wrote:
    Yes UGC rules and you should all go there - (I swear they didnt make me say that!) Plus I get to go for free there :D Seriously though you can get a student price there at any time, whereas in the Savoy you can only get student priced tickets Monday to Thursday

Why do you get to go for free?

she works there! she forgot to mention their great food deals:D

Thursday
    Why I'm a very valuable member of team UGC! I work in the food place making popcorn and hot dogs and generally feeling ill at the amount of people that buy over €10 worth of pick and mix! Tis a nice place to work though, was absolutely mental today :)

Friday
    blondie83 wrote:
    Why I'm a very valuable member of team UGC! I work in the food place making popcorn and hot dogs and generally feeling ill at the amount of people that buy over €10 worth of pick and mix! Tis a nice place to work though, was absolutely mental today :)

One of my mates works in CineWorld. Is it the one on Parnell Street you work in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Thursday
    I'm getting fed up with this alright, democracy's all well and good but sometimes someone's gotta put down a date which we will all go or else it will never happen.Look at the Porterhouse beers thread, took ages to decide on a date and venue.

I suggest we go to the CineWorld on Friday!!

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tuesday
    I gotta work Friday, in both jobs :-/

• Advertisement

Friday
    Chakar wrote:
    Any takers?
    No

Weekends are better

Wednesday
    I'll let ye know if I can go tomorrow when the roster is up.

Thursday
    Yeah weekends are better True

Check this out Stephen
    Chakar and Firespinner Google fight
    http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Chakar&word2=Firespinner

Chakar rules!!

Sunday
    Ya know Chakar, it's easier to pick a date when people aren't spamming up the threads.

Like humbert said, we should all post up the dates we are/aren't available and then go from there.

For example, I can't do the
    15th, 16th or 22nd of July, but any other date should be ok.

Also remember that the main boards beers are looking like the 12th of August so we either need to totally avoid that date or decide if we want to make it a joint venture.

Thursday
    I actually requested Friday off but didnt get it - stupid Pirates of the Carribean launch :mad: What about next Wednesday the 12th July? Very few ppl work Wednesday evening

Thursday
    I'm pretty much free all the time so any date will suit me.

O.F. I passed my exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

blondie83 wrote:

Hmmmm, correct me if I'm wrong but can't UGC employees get 3 tkts for friends/family. If so, can I point out that I've known you WAY longer than anyone else, and we went to the same primary, secondary school AND college, (until you went off to do your taught masters in DCU that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sunday
    I'm working every day until sunday apart from tomorrow. My boss believes in springing days off on you at short notice so you can't plan anything and your day is virtually wasted, unless you're resourceful. Fortunately, I am.

Evenings are ok, but I can guarantee nothing. Worked a 15 hour day yesterday and was in for 7.30 this morning.

I'll watch anything, I can't remember when I went to the cinema last.

Friday
    dajaffa wrote:
    Hmmmm, correct me if I'm wrong but can't UGC employees get 3 tkts for friends/family. If so, can I point out that I've known you WAY longer than anyone else, and we went to the same primary, secondary school AND college, (until you went off to do your taught masters in DCU that is)

I think you have to be there for a certain amount of time before you can get to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I think you have to be there for a certain amount of time before you can get to do that.
    The amount of time it takes, say, to lose contact with all friends and family due to the shameful stigma of working at cineworld?:D

Advertisement