Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Artwork - does it affect you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Yeah, I think the album art is an integral part of the concept of the album. As other people have said, what constitutes an "album" is more than simply the audio, the track listing, the artwork, and to an extent the physical package itself are all part of the album, which is why I'd never go in for this whole digital music store business...even though all of my CDs are ripped onto my computers more often than not I would find myself searching my racks for something to play, opening the box and playing it on the stereo, even though it's much more effort...

Also, the album artwork conjures up the mood, and gives you an idea what an album will sound like, as well as what the artist was aiming for...

For example, see here Klaus Schulze - Dune
    http://www.insideout.de/data/covers300/KS10.jpg

The artwork immediately conveys the harsh environment and alienation familiar to anyone who has read Frank Herbert's novels, and gives you an idea of what Klaus is conveying in the music, and it really adds to my appreciation of the music, if I listened to the two pieces on that album in isolation, without knowing what they were supposed to be, I think I would be a lot more dismissive of the music...

Another two albums with beautiful artwork, just for fun:

cEvin Key - The Dragon Experience
    Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Devastatingly open landscape and only the music to guide you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Devastatingly open landscape and only the music to guide you....

YES!

100% agreed, love that album, love that cover....

Advertisement