Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the living legend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

and that is a compilation : zinédine zidane l'étoile bleue.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OGzLm33LTbg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Ronaldo is the only other footballer that fits into the living legend description.

Probably the best compilations on these two players available here

The Ronaldo one in particular is absolutely magnificent and well worth downloading.

There's also an incredible 20 minute Ronaldo in Madrid comp that I intend to split up and put on youtube soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

kinaldo wrote:
    Ronaldo is the only other footballer that fits into the living legend description.

You've never seen or heard of Zidane so no? In my opinion the man is and was pure unrivaled class. The best player since Maradonna and on Saturday it looked like he just took 6 years off himself. He was pure magic.

I had the chance to see the great one live in Madrid a few years back. I couldn't believe what I was watching. In the flesh he is so so much better than tv cameras will ever do justice. What he doesn't get credit for and what you only see when watching him for real, is his work rate. At his peak he worked so hard and covered so much ground it was incredible.

The man is THE living legend of world football. Ronaldinho the bar has been set and till now, your a long way off reaching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

iregk wrote:
    You've never seen or heard of Zidane so no?
    Re-read what I said.
    Originally Posted by kinaldo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ah sorry mate, I never saw the word other in there. My bad.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Maldini and Cafu are both in that category too imo.

Here's hoping Zidane can finish his career in the world cup final.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yep Maldini is the other one id put in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Maldini, what a player. Best left back ever? No competition! I'd probably have him and Zidane in my all time 11. That counts them as living legends in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

kinaldo wrote:

Lads you do realise the thread title is LIVING legends, and you are aware that Pele, Maradona, Beckenbaur, Cryuff, etc. etc. etc. are all still with us??

But I have to say IMO if France can win this World Cup then Zidane will truly be up there on a par with only Pele and Maradona.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Ste05 wrote:
    But I have to say IMO if France can win this World Cup then Zidane will truly be up there on a par with only Pele and Maradona.

I dunno about "on a par", but the groups would certainly go like 1. Pele/Maradona. 2. Zidane on his own. 3. Cruyff/Best/Di Stefano/Garrincha etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I dunno about "on a par", but the groups would certainly go like 1. Pele/Maradona. 2. Zidane on his own. 3. Cruyff/Best/Di Stefano/Garrincha etc etc
    Possibly, I have a feeling this could become another Pele v Maradona type debate. Or maybe not? Who knows, maybe it's just me...

But I've always thought since the last World Cup that Zidane would never get the credit he deserved. After he got injured and France flopped in the group stage. I honestly thought before that WC if he had been fit he could have cemented his position as one of the best ever, by winning that WC too.

I really hope they win it now, if only for his legacy. It's just such a pleasure to watch him play. And that's even after he cost me $400. :(:(

$100 when he knocked Spain out. (my bet was they'd make the 1/4 finals) and another possible $300 when he knocked out Argentina (I won them in a sweep here on the Poker forum).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just thought I'd bump this as it's how I'll remember Zidane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OOWTTV5dRU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Frafanomejodas%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F2006%2F07%2Fzidane%2Dno%2Dte%2Djubiles%2Dnunca%2Ehtml

What I'd give for him to play one more year for Madrid.

Advertisement