Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beware of this toolbar!!

• 03-07-2006 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Beware of an explorer toolbar down load offering a free cruise.

During the week some one (of cause they all deny it) down loaded a search toolbar offering a free cruise. At the time I did not take much notice but today I lost conectivity.:eek:

Explorer would not start, I checked all the setting & they were OK. Ran a virus scan using Avast! found nothing. Then I remembered the toolbar so I uninstalled it & every thing was back to normal.:D

Has any one had somthing similar? it can't be a virus as it came with an uninstall program:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I avoid plugin toolbars as a rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

this has to be a joke :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Plugin toolbars are almost always a bad idea. I've seen a lot of them cause IE to spontaneously stop working.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Gray wrote:
    it can't be a virus as it came with an uninstall program:confused:
    word for today Trojan

Sounds like you need an RFC 3514 compliant firewall.
    http://rfc.net/rfc3514.htmlThe Security Flag in the IPv4 Header

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

Still, at least you got a cruise out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

ronanp wrote:
    Still, at least you got a cruise out of it.
    ha ha ha ha. well there is one born....:D
    beware of free offers from ads and strange men in trench coats..

Advertisement