Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chosen New Rifle

Options
  • 03-07-2006 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

hey all,

this weekend i have decided to go with a new .223 t3 tikka varmint (priced around ireland on saturday and o'Halloran's came in at a lidl beating price of 875euros). the scope that is goin on it will be a swift optics 6x24x50 with 30mm tube (again an incredible 470euro!) has anyone come across this new variant scope?
    but the thing i would like advice for are the mounts. what would be a fairly good set be costing and who would be the manufactuer?

thanks
    iremex

ps, the varmint wont have the picatinny rail......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Got mine from here:
    http://www.gun.co.uk/acatalog/TIKKA_Scope_Mounts.html

Options are kind of limited for the T3 but these mounts are supposidly top class?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

how do u find the t3? any issues with it?
    oh what sort of ammo are u putting through it?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

You have to go with the optilock mounts Top class!

I shoot the .223 T3 Tactiacl and my mate the .223 T3 varmint we both shoot 55gr Remington V-Boat Tail ammo.. for hunting
    55gr Remington FMJ for the range

I have tried a lot of different types of ammo from 45gr to 75gr and the 55gr gives the best result.

thats excellent, thanks for that. did they set u back much?

how do u find the rifles? i mean between the tactical and the varmint?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

€125.24 incl shipping - beats €200 quote from nearby gun shop.

I got the lite stainless in 6.5x55se - I'm in the process of breaking the barrel in at the moment - but hope to experiment on the local fox population after that - they'll do till the season starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

iremex,

That was some good shooting yesterday, i reckon life will become very dangerous for your local fox, bunnie and crow population when you get your hands on that T3.:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

iremex wrote:
    hey all,

this weekend i have decided to go with a new .223 t3 tikka varmint (priced around ireland on saturday and o'Halloran's came in at a lidl beating price of 875euros). the scope that is goin on it will be a swift optics 6x24x50 with 30mm tube (again an incredible 470euro!) has anyone come across this new variant scope?
    but the thing i would like advice for are the mounts. what would be a fairly good set be costing and who would be the manufactuer?

thanks
    iremex

ps, the varmint wont have the picatinny rail......

Where o where is O'halloran's???
    Best i could do for that model in my area was €1000!!!!

address is
    o'hallorans
    cornerhouse
    drangan
    co.tipp

paul is the guy u should be getting in touch with. i think he mentioned 900euro this morning when speakin to him but he will more than look after you if u got yourself a few add ons

happy hunting!

ps his swift optics scope rate is 450 for a 6-24-50 with the 30mm tube which cant be beat at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Sound thanks a mill iremex

Advertisement