Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good/bad

• 03-07-2006 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

Whats the difference between good sci-fi and bad scifi

I consider stargate bad scifi?

sar trek is good

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

would this not have been better suited to the general sci fi forum?

Anyways what I think makes a good sci fi, is when it's a good show and you can just accept the scifi stuff as being part of it and not being forced to question every last thing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Stargate is fantasy as is star wars. The technologies are often impossible
    Star Trek and Arthur C. Clarke are Sci-fi because they are scientifically possible (at least, star trek was for a time. Then, the holodeck started creating real people etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Well, from my point of view, it's good if I like it and bad if I dont

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Whats the difference between good sci-fi and bad scifi

I consider stargate bad scifi?

sar trek is good
    Why don't you answer your own question properly? What do you mean? In terms of the science or quality of the show? And "Sar Trek" covers a huge number of spin-off shows as well.

Please clarify, least I think this is a pointless thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I have to agree with ixoy above, this is kind of a pointless thread, but anyhoo. It really depends are your personal preferences, and just to defend one point, a lot of the technology in stargate is theoretically possible, especially the stuff about wormwhole physics. Also, i believe th p90 gun does exist:D . But posting a thread that you dislike Stargate in this forum could be considered as flaming, so watch out or those moderators could banish you to a distant planet... using a warpdrive or a stargate, your choice...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Right, original post didn't respond. Appears to be trolling.. thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement