Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assault in Aussie BB house - should BB be axed?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It was an isolated incident in Australia... Why axe the whole thing over that ?? Bit stupid if you ask me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

this doesnt even merit its own thread.

this is more of a signature post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Whats with the John, Ashley, real names michael??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

ahaha thats hilarious.

how stupid do you have to be to attempt to sexually assault some on live tv??? lol

Sounds a tad strange tbh, he "rubbed his genitals on her face" and then "he sat on top of her" she riggled free and said no. Like wtf? so only said no AFTER he put his balls on her face and pinne dher down? wtf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

she was asleep, he had a few drinks on him...

sounds like an average nite to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Cant see why BB would or should be axed in any other country other than Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I saw the video of it online but it didn't look to me like she was being assaulted as she said to him 'Are you going to turkey slap me' and then lay down perfectly still while he did it to her. She was laughing!! Mountain out a molehill if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Tabloid whipped moral panic frenzy more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhV8oQiIwYI&search=australian%20big%20brother

just watched this so-called sexual assault and there's nothing in it if you ask me. Slapping your ballbag in a girls face is a strange way of having a bit of craic but maybe thats an ozzie thing..we shouldnt judge them too harshly for it. seriously tho, blown out of proportion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Suprised by the general apathy towards this story.Reality tv is going to get sicker and sicker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

ffs just saw the coverage.comment revoked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

She wasn't bothered by it. How is it assault?

Yes, it was very immature and yes she could have been upset, but she wasn't. Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just saw the link posted. Storm in a teacup.

Assault isn't assault if the "victim" is laughing during and immediately after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Their BigBrother is so much more fun than ours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

/wants glyn to turkey slap nikki. Imagine the reaction

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sounds like what people here call teabagging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Teabagging involves that particular body part being placed inside someone's mouth, not just dangling them infront of someone's face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

I wasn't saying that BB should be axed everywhere because of one incident, but it has sparked a big debate about whether BB has run its course and whether the public are sick of watching this kind of thing yet. BB puts a madder crowd in every year and its probably only a matter of time before something big blows up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

I just gt turkey slapped!:eek: :eek: !!!!!!!1:D !!!!!!1oneone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

teabagging can also be just slapping yer balls on the victims face.
    BB should never be banned because of somebody in the house doing something stupid. no matter what game or whatever you are taking part in, you dont abuse somebody same as everyone knows ya dont kill somebody even if you are playing a realy aggresive game of.....chess or whatever. Havent watched the video but sounds like a pile of rubbish from what you lot are saying. BB should be banned, because its ****e, no other reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

how ridiculus,if she felt in ANY way threatened she wouldnt have STAYED in the bed,what a load of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

susanna wrote:
    I wasn't saying that BB should be axed everywhere because of one incident, but it has sparked a big debate about whether BB has run its course and whether the public are sick of watching this kind of thing yet. BB puts a madder crowd in every year and its probably only a matter of time before something big blows up
    id assume theres a fruedian slip here somewhere:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Their BigBrother is so much more fun than ours!

I saw their first one, it was rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The one in 2003 was deadly. Regi (the girl who won) was classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I saw their one in 2001, the english one is so mild in comparison..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

yeah sure ya can say that its run its course and has gone too far...IN AUSTRAILA.

Until i see Glyn teabag Nikki/Richard (lolz) the BB show must go on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

was Kinga in the Ausie one or was that a rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nadia from BB5 was sent into the Aussie BB house last year, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

well that girl obviously finds balls in her face hillarious :rolleyes: sexual harrassment my a&se.

she got into bed with them. she stayed in bed after it. she laughed after it too and cuddled up to one of them :confused: what a huge fuss over nothing... maybe the girl shouldve been kicked out for making a big deal over some silly (bit odd maybe!) humourous joke. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just an update.
    Ejected Oz BB star complains about treatment
    Tuesday, July 11 2006, 17:00 BST - by Daniel Kilkelly

Warning: This article contains language and/or sexual references that younger readers are advised to avoid.

A housemate who was thrown out of the Australian version of Big Brother has complained about the way he has been treated by show producers.

Michael "John" Bric was ejected from the house last week along with fellow contestant Ashley following an "incident" under the covers with female housemate Camilla.

"I think it's a joke," he told the Herald Sun. "I think it is ratings driven when they put in replacements for me and Ash, and it makes me think I was a publicity stunt for more viewers. I feel defamed and this is the biggest issue of my life and the hardest thing I have come across.

"In my opinion they have chosen little care of compassion to us, cut their ties and expect us to wear it."

He added, "They didn't explain the circumstances to the audience in greater details. They pretty much labelled it sexual assault. I've never spoken to a policeman, so that proves it was not sexual assault, and obviously Camilla has said she wasn't offended."
    Bric went on to explain that it was "too early" to talk about sueing the show's producers, but reiterated that he is "not happy".
    Looks like he may have a point about it be a publicity stunt.

Advertisement