Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rathmines - safe area?

Options
  • 03-07-2006 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

hi all,

i'm bidding on an apartment in rathmines at the moment and i found a couple of posts on boards about people having their cars vandalised in the area and several commenting that it's not a nice place at night:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054883456&referrerid=59211&highlight=rathmines
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054948307&referrerid=59211&highlight=rathmines

i know that "safe" is subjective and that really nowhere is totally safe in dublin these days, but i was attracted to the rathmines area rather than the city centre as i thought it would be a lot safer. i could be living on my own and am not the most streetwise girl so safety is a big issue for me.

i thought that rathmines was a pretty nice area but now i'm a little concerned so would really appreciate the verdict from any who have lived in the area recently. also, which parts are better. the apartment i am bidding on is at the far end from town, off the cowper road. is the upper rathmines road worse than the lower? :(

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Around Cowper Road is usually fine, Rathmines I find is reasonably safe compared to most areas, the trouble usually comes from people pouring out of the clubs and pubs in the area, upper rathmines is certainly better than lower rathmines anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

been to rathmines loads, absolutaly love the place. Never seen any trouble that would stand out in my mind. Dont worry. good luck with the new place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Rathmines safe as houses

hey btw heyes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

tom-thebox wrote:
    Rathmines safe as houses

hey btw heyes ;)

LOL... hey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

thanks a mill for the replies guys. that's a relief! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Lived here for two years and the only places im careful around are outside of Graces bar and outside of Madison Bar esp late at weekends. Both clientele are dodgy to say the least, from the local corporation flats i believe. But other than those two minor flaws rathmines is brilliant.

Advertisement