Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Tiler

Options
  • 03-07-2006 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hello All,

Am wondering does anyone know who is the current site tiler for cland park. I have seen the names Ray and John floating about. Could someone let me know and a contact number. Moving in soon so need to get it sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

just ask the foreman, he will tell you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CD_GD

Hi, We are supposed to be moving in at the end of this month but I was down there today and the builder reckons there is no way we'll be in by then! Does anyone have any idea of when the next phase in the Park will be ready? Anyone been given a date for snagging? Also, does anyone know if the tiler and electritian are doing any extras at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nearly There

CD_GD wrote:
    Hi, We are supposed to be moving in at the end of this month but I was down there today and the builder reckons there is no way we'll be in by then! Does anyone have any idea of when the next phase in the Park will be ready? Anyone been given a date for snagging? Also, does anyone know if the tiler and electritian are doing any extras at this stage?
    Hi, first post but have been keeping an eye on this forum for a while. Very interesting and good to get the views of the more seasoned 'Charleslanders'.

CD_GD - I'm not sure what phase you bought in. Myself and the gf got our snagging letter out this week...we bought in April (but as part of the previous phase...)

Hi NearlyThere, we bought around April/May too. The second last phase in the Park. Was told we should expect to get a call next week about snagging so hopefully it will all be done by the end of the month! Are you snagging yourself or getting someone to do it for you?

I wouldn't be surprised if you got your snagging letter out this week. Give Orla a call in Durkan's (01 2140014) or Greg (foreman on site - sorry don't have his number handy). They are both very helpful and should be able to let you know...
    We had someone in the family look after the snagging for us. If you are looking for someone to do it there are a couple of good threads here that give you an indication of who's good and who not to go near!

Good luck with it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

if you want to pm me - I can give you Greg's number.

Thanks for that. I got on to Orla in Durkins who said we wont be ready for snagging until the beginning of Aug with a possible move date of the end of August! She is much more helpful than the estate agents!
    Good luck with your snagging NearlyThere!

Thanks CD_GD, hopefully all will be straightforward....

Just wondering what experience other people had in terms of how long it took for their snag to be completed? 1, 2, 3 weeks????

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks CD_GD, hopefully all will be straightforward....

Just wondering what experience other people had in terms of how long it took for their snag to be completed? 1, 2, 3 weeks????

How many snags have you done so far? I think we did 2/3 before we were happy enough to sign off, with a gap of a week or two between submitting each one in. Some of the snags they had no intention of completing - I didn't really have a problem with that, but they didn't tell us which ones, so they just went on the new snag list each time. I reckon it was 5-6 weeks in total from the first snag.

By the way, in case you haven't already - get your life assurance sorted out! This held us up, and apparently is the main reason for most delays in completion.

Just the one submitted to date. By the sounds of it, we could be looking at another few weeks given your experience.

Life assurance all sorted, just need to give the 48hrs notice so shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tanith

Hi Coolhand,

Don't know if you're still looking for this but actually got the number off Orla in Durkan yesterday.

Name is Ray Cooke: ph 046 - 9025982 and mob: 086 - 3857576

Advertisement