Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney To Split Ronaldo In Two?

• 03-07-2006 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

From Football365

"Wayne Rooney reportedly attempted to charge into Portugal's dressing room to confront Cristiano Ronaldo after England's bitter World Cup exit.

The ManYoo striker was incensed at the role of his club team-mate in his sending off and has reputedly vowed to "split him in two".
    According to The Daily Mirror, a 'blazing mad' Rooney had to be restrained by his England team-mates before being bundled on to the team bus following the Three Lions' defeat on penalties.

But Rooney's fury was still threatening to explode the next morning. The Sun quotes an 'England insider' declaring: "At breakfast in the hotel this morning, Wayne said he would split him in two and smack him in the head. Who can blame him?

"He is determined to settle the score in his own way and there is nothing anyone can do about it."

Regardless of Ronaldo's involvement, Rooney's dismissal was sparked by an apparent loss of discipline when his frustration boiled over. So much for learning an important lesson, then"

Listening to 5Live on Saturday, there didnt seem to be much resentment to Rooney compared to what happened with Beckham in '98. I think he's a hot head Rooney and this time its the English nation who expect too much from
    him.

Remember Owen in '98..............look at him now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

The tabloids absolutely love these sort of stories. There is plenty of foundation to it of course, but I wonder just how much they'd be sensationalising it? I always love those insider quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

DaveH wrote:
    According to The Daily Mirror

DaveH wrote:
    The Sun

DaveH wrote:
    'England insider'

Your point is always lost when you have any of the above lines in your story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

BaZmO* wrote:
    Your point is always lost when you have any of the above lines in your story.

yeah I hate that "an insider said". No, they didn't. You just made it up. FFS!

Rooney will be pissed off for sure, but either Ronaldo will be gone, or Sir Alex will get them to kiss and make up. Non-story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

ABU365, rofl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

tbh wrote:
    Sir Alex will get them to kiss and make up. Non-story.

Oh sweet jesus I am eating my lunch here and I did not want that mental image !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

United will be able to play one half of him on the right, the other half on the left and an extra striker up front, We might win something with that formation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

The Muppet wrote:
    United will be able to play one half of him on the right, the other half on the left and an extra striker up front, We might win something with that formation. :)

doesn't help when Steven Gerard makes things up.
    The Portugal winger sprinted towards referee Horatio Elizondo shouting: "Did you see that?" after Rooney had raked his studs into Ricardo Carvalho.

Gerrard said: "I saw that, and if it was one of my team-mates I'd be absolutely disgusted in him because there's no need for that.

"I've seen Ronaldo going over giving the card and I think he's bang out of order."

Rooney turned and pushed Ronaldo away and Argentinian referee Elizondo instantly produced the red card
    http://www.worldcup365.com/story/0,16726,8501_1312714,00.html

I have seen this numerous times - he never once waved an imaginary card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

What happens on International duty, stays on International Duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Gerrard isn't the shiniest penny in the pond, elevator doesn't go all the way to the top, couple of slices short of a full loaf etc. Brilliant footballer, but he's pretty dumb, after the way he handled his non Chelsea transfer, imaginary card waving is the least of his problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

sure ill give rooney a hand at knockin the crap out of him. just for the laugh not for what he did. he just annoys me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

shock shock, ABU365 and the Sun make up ****

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51659516&postcount=565

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

evad_lhorg wrote:
    sure ill give rooney a hand at knockin the crap out of him. just for the laugh not for what he did. he just annoys me:D
    the first home game of the season shall be interesting

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

That would mean we'd have two Ronaldo's and one Rooney... I'm all for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Looks like they've kissed and made up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

not only to split him in two, but also to rob him of 2400 pounds aswell :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5138240.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The Muppet wrote:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Jesus, Ronaldo is an embarrassment to the game of football. Another dive in front of the Germany box looking for a free kick just now. He should be ashamed of himself.

Knew I should have had a bet on how many times the little prick would burst into tears at this World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Jesus, Ronaldo is an embarrassment to the game of football. Another dive in front of the Germany box looking for a free kick just now. He should be ashamed of himself.

I agree. The guy is total a disgrace.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I hope fergie hangs on to him for a few weeks into the new season. He deserves all he gets tbh.

A few big players disappointed me in this WC in the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Sparks400 wrote:
    I hope fergie hangs on to him for a few weeks into the new season. He deserves all he gets tbh.

A few big players disappointed me in this WC in the same way.
    What did he do to deserve it?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

An hilarious attempt to con the ref just before half-time as he dived over a defenders right leg.

Nice to hear all those English fans giving him the bird through the game...or were they German, eh PHB? ;)

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wish the ref had booked him, he deserves it, and this sh!t needs to be stamped out...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

mike65 wrote:

Nice to hear all those English fans giving him the bird through the game...or were they German, eh PHB? ;)

heh, was thinking the same thing, I am sure that there is a way some people can blame it on the English fans some how though :D

I think that the diving has ruined parts of the world cup, maybe it will prompt them to actually do something about it for once ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

You're all witch hunters! (The ronaldo haters that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You're all witch hunters! (The ronaldo haters that is)

exactly ronaldo hasn't acted any different in the wc then the way he acts playing for man u .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Knew I should have had a bet on how many times the little prick would burst into tears at this World Cup.

Disgusts me more that he isnt booked for his shenanigans along with some of his team mates.

I honestly think in the semi finals portugal could have done better in and around the box if they actually did there usual creative play and shot on goal, instead they made ludicrous dives around and in the area when it was abundantly clear the ref was having none of it.

The diving in the germany game, although maybe not as bad as there semi final match was still a joke, ive never been a fan of ronaldo really.. i am scottish and i dont care what ppl 'think' he done to the ref, it was clearly a red card anyway and in these situations its easy to look back now and say I wouldnt have done that etc, but in the heat of the moment things are alot different. Although rooney for doing it I think is a muppet, especially after his interview 2 days previous aboud 'how the team and players will keep there cool and not lose it', how ironic wayne.

Anyhow, really sick of watching the players dive in and around box, and not only portugal are guilty of it, it really sickens me and i truly think it should be bookings in future as not to waste or shame what truly is a fantastic competition. Would also love to see this applied to club leagues as its always disgusted me.

Advertisement