Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Foul Abuse And Threats Be Made Illegal On The Net

Options
  • 03-07-2006 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I joined Rant discussion board and posted a topic about a book I wrote in 1994. The story concerned a grocery shop I had in Dublin in the 1970s and it was a dream I had spent most of my life trying to set up. The dream did eventually become a reality but went very badly wrong when hooligans began terrorising my family, damaging one car after another, and smashing all the windows of the shop and overhead accommodation. After our complaints to the local garda the situation got completely out of hand and resulted in the loss of the shop. I was arrested on many occasions and our home and car also searched. The garda told us to get out of the area as they were unable to protect us or our livelihood.
    Extracts from the book posted in rant detailed the refusal of the garda to help us.
    After posting in rant I received a welcome message. The posting generated a lot of replies but in the end they began using abusive and threatening language towards me. After my complaint I was banned from the forum. The message stated that I was banned for (nothing). When I asked the reason they said it was the responsibility of either Microsoft or the forum moderator. I wrote to Microsoft and they said they had no hand whatever in the ban. I then wrote to the moderator [name removed], and he said he was instructed by the garda to remove me. I wrote to the garda and they said they had investigated the matter and found it had certainly nothing to do with them that they had not instructed the forum to remove me. The garda superintendent said it appeared the moderator of the forum used the garda when he couldn’t find any other basis for the ban. He pointed out that he takes a bad view of the garda being used as an excuse for other purposes. He however said there was no more he could do as he had focused his investigation only on whether it was the garda who were responsible.
    I sent a message to [name removed] pointing out that he had told lies about the ban. He replied, “Yes, I have heard from the garda. Now you can *** off.” With this kind of attitude I now realise it was him who was using abuse and threats and not other members of the forum which I was given to believe. He appears to be a big man behind a computer screen with no reprise.
    I would appreciate some explanation for this or perhaps the big man will hide behind the computer screen again and use his usual insults and abusive language. I now know it wasn’t a decent forum to get involved in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Erm... what on earth are you on about and what has this got to do with us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 molly005

Gordon wrote:
    Erm... what on earth are you on about and what has this got to do with us?

Sorry, I wasn't thinking. I thought Boards.IE was a discussion board. I'm off, Goodbye.

OK bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭imprezza

Is everyone this ignorant to people on boards.ie or did that poor woman just get unlucky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

What a wierdo, mods should lock this thread.

• Advertisement

imprezza wrote:
    Is everyone this ignorant to people on boards.ie or did that poor woman just get unlucky?
    You tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

FFS Gordon! Will you ever quite messing and explain to that woman why someone banned her from the RANT forum! She would appreciate an explanation!

Typical boards.ie moderators on their power-trips banning people from other message boards, even where they are not moderators.

No I won't, you can't make me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The poor woman!

penguinsdancing.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

You are banned.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement