Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakebite, Middle Abbey st

Options
  • 03-07-2006 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one to say I went with the missus to have her ears pierced over the weekend to Snakebite on Middle Abbey st and I was really impressed with the setup. Very proffesional, made sure she knew all about the after care and even had a 24/7 phone number.

While I was waiting I heard one of the guys talking through a tongue piercing to a potential buyer and in no way did he try and sell it to him , he just told him all the science behind it and how and what will happen and with that knowledge let the client make and informed decision.

This maybe standard practice all over, but it impressed me :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Smoggy wrote:
    Just a quick one to say I went with the missus to have her ears pierced over the weekend to Snakebite on Middle Abbey st and I was really impressed with the setup. Very proffesional, made sure she knew all about the after care and even had a 24/7 phone number.

While I was waiting I heard one of the guys talking through a tongue piercing to a potential buyer and in no way did he try and sell it to him , he just told him all the science behind it and how and what will happen and with that knowledge let the client make and informed decision.

This maybe standard practice all over, but it impressed me :D

It all should be standard practice but it isn't.
    Snakebite wont let you down.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yeah i went for my nape to be redone and he had a look and told me to go away for 2 months, if he did it now it'd grow out in 6 months and he's be ripping me off, disappointing but that sort of service really impressed me

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

excellent place and service without doubt-and that goes for the tattoo side of things too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Without a doubt the best in my opinion. Very friendly guys too.

I got my prince Albert done there, first piercing, and the chap that did it talked me through everything, was dead on about everything. It's no wonder it comes so well recommended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I got my tongue done there 6 years ago & haven't had a problem yet.
    Although I was told, "Well if you're thinking about going out drinking in the next while don't! We don't care about what happens to you, just the piercing!"
    Which I thought was a bit harsh.
    No harm done though.

& their student discount was very handy too!

• Advertisement

while don't! We don't care about what happens to you, just the piercing!"
    Which I thought was a bit harsh.

As opposed to "we dont like people drinking it's bad for them" or "alcohol can cause throat cancer if abused."

I would have thought their only "business" with regard to your mouth would be the metal they had stuck in it, maybe I'm way off?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

I think the lads in Snakebite are dead on. They were sound and gave good advice when I got my piercings and as seen on another thread when I had to get them out for work but couldn't myself them took them out free of charge and gave me some advice on healing, etc. I think they're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Blub2k4 wrote:
    As opposed to "we dont like people drinking it's bad for them" or "alcohol can cause throat cancer if abused."

I would have thought their only "business" with regard to your mouth would be the metal they had stuck in it, maybe I'm way off?
    It was more the tone he took with me than anything else.
    I have no desire for him to care about my liver or moral repercussions or a drunken bender, just for him to treat me like an adult, with respect, without belittlement.
    Afterall, the piercing is now and has been since that day, included in my general health!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Alcohol inhibits blood clotting, which means that if the piercing bleeds, you don't want alcohol in your system.

Thats the only reason he'd mention it. He doesn't give a toss about your liver.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Afaik, it's also to do with actually wanting to want the blood to clot. Makes life a lot easier when it does that after a piercing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I always say go to Snakebite if you're getting pierced and i'd like to say it again. I went into snakebite on Saturday to have a horizontal eyebrow done. It turned out perfectly and it was Rob who done it. As usual very professional and I couldn't be happier with the piercing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I recall going in there before asking about something a bit daft (surface bars along my arms) and the lad there was bang on saying how it'd work, but that it'd grow out in no time so he didn't really fancy wasting my money. Was most impressed by that, so when I get something done in the future, I'll be giving them a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Could someone tell me if this place is open on Sundays? Where abouts on Middle Abbey st is it?

Could someone tell me if this place is open on Sundays? Where abouts on Middle Abbey st is it?

It's above Traffic bar there on Abbey st, there's a glass panelled door to the left of traffic, buzz for Snakebite so they can open the door to you, go up to the third floor and there's Snakebite.

Advertisement