Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a phone unlock in town

Options
  • 03-07-2006 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know where in town offers a phone unlocking service?

nb to users - thread started in jul 2006 so some initial posts may contain out of date information at this stage. look at the timestamp before you go correcting people! - random

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try vodafone next to Holland's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

This worked for me! And it's free!

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

flanzer wrote:
    This worked for me! And it's free!

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp

Looks like a good site but they don't have my model listed. It's a 6680

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Theres an Unlocking Qs thread in the Mobiles/PDAs forum, you might get some answers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

There's a place on Camden St. also Simi Sim across from DIT Aungier St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

AFAIK the 6680 can only be unlocked by your network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I got a Nokia 6101 unlocked at the carphone warehouse for €20 in Tralee, so I presume the Dublin branches would do it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

It seems awful dodgy but theres a road of henry st (the name i cant think of) where theres loads of vegetables and Halal for sale etc... whats that called?? Anyway whenever I walk down there going to Parnell St I nearly always get asked if I want a phone unblocked! seems a bit dodge but it might be cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I don't think you can actually unlock the 6680. I've one for the last year or so and have yet to find anywhere that can do it (granted, I haven't been looking so hard lately). Searching the net I found loads of sites that simply say the 6680 can't yet be unlocked. It might have changed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MoneyMagnet

-- no thanks --

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

you can try www.**** they have a list of people who do in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

I bought the 6680 when it first came out over here and I got it unlocked by Vodafone. They posted out the instructions and the code with no hassle or bother!

I was on their network but wanted to be able to use my work sim on the phone too...

I miss that phone! I am back to my old 6100! How ancient!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You do realise no one can unlock it except Vodafone, so if they won't, don't bother trying anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

netwhizkid wrote:
    I got a Nokia 6101 unlocked at the carphone warehouse for €20 in Tralee, so I presume the Dublin branches would do it too.
    hmmmm i didnt know that unlocking phones was a service that they sell in carphonewarehouse,did you get a reciept stating "unlock phone"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

netwhizkid wrote:

Sounds like the salesman made a bit of cash for himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pythia wrote:

Roffle, under the table. Definately a brown envelope type thing. :) I would love the receipt for this unlocking service by carphone warehouse alright.

The 6680 or any other Nokia BB5 phone can't be unlocked by anyone other than the network that locked it. It's still the case today.

Pythia wrote:
    sure does:)

Ruu wrote:
    Roffle, under the table. Definately a brown envelope type thing. :) I would love the receipt for this unlocking service by carphone warehouse alright.
    that it is,id go back and ask for the reciept............from the manager lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10 villan79

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can unlock a NOKIA 6080 thats locked to O2 Ireland? I contacted O2 and they're saying it's not their phone so they can't do it...load of rubbish! Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks,

Graham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

They are independent shops, they can unlock it within 5 min and on average €10-€20

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im not sure if the 6700 can even be unlocked here yet, or if it can to defo wont be €10-15.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If a place can even do the 6700, it wont be for €20. More so €40 or €50 price range i would reckon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Does any one know where an E71 can be unlocked? Its on 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

I think most places can unlock e71 - or at least the guy at a shop is Parnell street said it's doable.

Anyone know who can unlock an E72?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

positron wrote: »
    I think most places can unlock e71 - or at least the guy at a shop is Parnell street said it's doable.

Anyone know who can unlock an E72?

any idea how much?

Advertisement