Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting 6280 flashed

• 03-07-2006 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

I was looking to get my 6280 flashed to try and fix an annoying problem with the text input for text messages.
    Im on three and i was talking to them about getting it flashed and they said they had no where that would flash it with the three software. I asked if there was anywhere that would just flash it with nokia software and they told me a place but that if i got it flashed with nokia software i would lose all the three settings on my phone along with the warranty for the phone.

Anyone have any ideas how 2 get around this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

nick23 wrote:
    I was looking to get my 6280 flashed to try and fix an annoying problem with the text input for text messages.
    Im on three and i was talking to them about getting it flashed and they said they had no where that would flash it with the three software. I asked if there was anywhere that would just flash it with nokia software and they told me a place but that if i got it flashed with nokia software i would lose all the three settings on my phone along with the warranty for the phone.

What firmware version is on your phone (*#0000#) will tell you.

I have 3.70 generic firmware for it and could flash the phone for you

You can order 3 Ireland's settings for the 6280 from:
    http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,77073,00.html

However I don't know whether you will be able to access 3's web portal with generic firmware.

I have 3_UK, 3_SE, 3_IT, 3_IL, 3_HK, 3_DK, 3_AU and 3_AT PPMs for the 6280, I presume 3_IT is Italy, but would 3_IL be IreLand or IsraeL ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd imagine IL would be Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

nick23 wrote:

cant see why it would void the warranty as its a nokia warranty not "3" warranty they may just be saying this to you to discourage you doing this as they may lose revenue from the services they provide with the above settings

BuffyBot wrote:
    I'd imagine IL would be Israel.

Just checked three.com and they list Australia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Sweden and UK, which is 8 counties, I have 8 PPMs so IL must be Ireland.

Nick23 - what firmware version do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Just checked three.com and they list Australia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Sweden and UK, which is 8 counties, I have 8 PPMs so IL must be Ireland.

Israel isn't listed as I don't believe they've gone live there yet. Actually, I tell a lie, they operate the Orange brand under licence from Orange

• Advertisement

Just downloaded the latest firmware 3.81 and this time there is a 3_IE ppm :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

#Elites wrote:
    Go to The Telephone repair company in Sandyford busness park.

They will flash for free to the latest Nokia firmware, and you get rid of all the 3 stuff aswell (the startup logo etc).

The Warrenty wont go, as you have the Warrenty with Nokia, not 3.

To get all the settings (3g,mms,SMS etc) go to nokia.ie and get them sent to ur phone.

I have version 3.7.

I already tried the place in nsandyford but they wudnt do it for me cus im on three. They said i have to go to sum place in finglas i tink it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

What exactly is the annoying problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Thats my problem - can you flash the phone yourself? I have a data cable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Macers wrote:

Does flashing a phone make it sim-free if it is locked?

• Advertisement

Macers wrote:
    Yes but using unlicenced software. I've heard many reports of failed flashes so I wouldn't recommend it.
    ADSLUSER wrote:
    Does flashing a phone make it sim-free if it is locked?
    No it doesn't.

Advertisement