Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce 7600GS

Options
  • 03-07-2006 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Just been offered two GeForce 7600GS's 512mb PCI-E, what do ye think of them? Was thinking bout replacing my board and SLI them together. Mainly play BF2, CS and Flight Sim games how would it handle them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

well i would say if you want to play games just get a single 7900gt or gtx which would probly outproform the 7600 in sli.

look for reviews :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Going to have to agree with awhir, even a x1800xt 512mb would outperform them. If you are getting them cheap then go ahead, but remember Sli benifits high resolutions with Aa + Af and rarely is better than a single next generation equivilant card.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

SLI is a farce.

Boycott it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Getting them free :D

then go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

pclancy wrote:
    Getting them free :D

Gimme one :o:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Wtf, you're getting them free, why are you even asking?

As far as I remember most 7600 gs are passivly cooled, might be worth your while putting a 120mil fan blowing air onto them since they can get very hot +80 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

of course u should go for it for free ;)

maby man you should sell the 2 of them and get a 7900gt or gtx will save you not having to get a new mobo.

also gline when you getting a core duo ?

• Advertisement

Was asking cos was thinking bout selling them as the reviews of them arent fantastic, I know nothing about SLI so was thinking two of them together would eat another card but if not then maybe I'd be better off selling them to get a 7900GT.

Just for once in my life I want to be able to push graphics sliders all the way up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Check out this break down of the graphics cards out there at the moment.

It doesn't have the 7600 GS on there (wonder why?) but it has the 7600 GT which is a little bit better, even in SLi the 7600 GT is still out performed by a single 7900 GTX

Lol my current card is 97th! Radeon 9250 no wonder my frame rates suck. Cant fecking make up me mind which card to get now.

Was thinking bout geting the pc built by these blokes, prices seem good...

www.ankermann-pc.de

Just ordered....

So. 939 AMD X2 Athlon 64 4200+ Dual Core Manchester
    So. 939 ASUS A8N32 SLI
    PCIe Geforce 6200 256Mb
    SATAII 300Gb Maxtor
    1024Mb Kingston RAM
    LG DVDRW DL
    Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower
    Thermaltake Cooler
    PFC Switching PSU

Built and shipped €888. I'll be selling the 6200 and slapping in the two 7600 GS's so hopefully should be a nice machine for music and gaming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nice, although I have reservations about that PSU (read about PFC Switching PSU's here)
    Would you consider buying a quality PSU since you're going SLi? (and getting the cards free :p )

Or maybe use the money from the 6200 for new speakers / soundcard...

Yeah have an Audizy 2 ZS and a 7.1 System so Im okay audio wise. I use an M-Audio Firewire input box to record instruments and vocals also. Might email them and see what make/model the PSU is because i've no problem paying more for a decent one that will last.

Interesting article but didnt see why it would sway you from geting one, are they not nearly always PFC in branded PCs?

Psu's need more than a wattage rating, they need good rails capable of handleing the amps that sli and high end rigs need. Most branded psu's like Ocz and Seasonic give the products they put out a massive mount of attention to these things. Un-branded tend to ignore them in favour of slapping a hogh wattage sticker on it.

Ok, Any recommendations for a good one? have a few notes sitting in paypal to use up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

krazy_8s wrote:
    Un-branded tend to ignore them in favour of slapping a hogh wattage sticker on it.

Q-Tec ftw? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Q-Tec ftw? :D
    ... \o/!?
    No.

Seasonic's cheapest PSU (430W, €76). Not sure if it's SLi-certified, but I'd trust Seasonic.
    Other than that, cheapest (supposedly) SLi-certified PSU is this Tagan Easycon (€96).

Again -- a little research goes a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

pc p+c, seasonic,tagen,some antecs and some ocz are pretty ok

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Enermax do a pretty good range. Stable rails and excellent efficiency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How would you rate this:
    http://www.thermaltake.com/2005/purepower/w0057-01/w0057-01.htm
    I ntoice you haven't mentioned thermaltake.

PogMoThoin wrote:
    How would you rate this:
    http://www.thermaltake.com/2005/purepower/w0057-01/w0057-01.htm
    I ntoice you haven't mentioned thermaltake.

i wonder why :D

PCs due friday so i'll see whats in it and might replace with one of those. Cheers for the info...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anyone using a 7600gs at the moment? I was thinking of getting one but I've heard its only moderately better then a 6600GT...?

Need a replacement for my vanilla x800, but its got to be powered entirely from the pci-e slot and passively cooled would be a bonus....so I'm fairly limited in my options

PC arrived today, wow! Very nicely built and cabled, installing windows now cant wait to crank up CS and BF2!

Cant recommend these guys enough...

www.ankermann-pc.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

HavoK wrote:
    Anyone using a 7600gs at the moment? I was thinking of getting one but I've heard its only moderately better then a 6600GT...?

Need a replacement for my vanilla x800, but its got to be powered entirely from the pci-e slot and passively cooled would be a bonus....so I'm fairly limited in my options

Check your pm. think i got what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

HavoK wrote:
    Need a replacement for my vanilla x800, but its got to be powered entirely from the pci-e slot....
    Any specific reason for this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Any specific reason for this?

I'm still using a DELL computer with a 350w psu and already have 2 hard drives and 2 optical drives in it, don't want to put too much pressure on it...originally had an x800se, then this x800, now want something a bit better, but as mentioned, powered entirely from pci-e slot...

Advertisement