Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal fees

Options
  • 03-07-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

Haven't been using paypal that long so not sure exactly what just happened but I just sent 190euro to Liquidb(boards user) and he was charghed 7 euro to recieve, is this normal, he has just opened his account btw and this is his first transaction, I have had money sent through and don't remeber getting charged anything like that? I'm thinking it's down to how I selected the outgoing cash - I selected that it was for goods? Bad idea? - was there some kinda tax on this or something, can this be avoided in future?

Cheers

steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What kind of an account was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Ruu wrote:
    What kind of an account was it?

Liquidb said he had to upgrade his to recieve the funds so...
    I think I have the mid ground account type for using cc s etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Premier and Business accounts are charged for receiving payments, Personal accounts are free says their fees page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

you always lose some of the money due to fees when you receive it as far as i know, I never got money off anyone without paypal robbing some ;)

you have to upgrade your account to accept money from someone who's using a credit card as their source of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 liquidb

you always lose some of the money due to fees when you receive it as far as i know, I never got money off anyone without paypal robbing some ;)

you have to upgrade your account to accept money from someone who's using a credit card as their source of money

Thats exactly what I was asked to do when trying to accept the payment.

EDIT: "PayPal charges Premier and Business accounts to receive payments. Personal accounts are free, but may not receive debit or credit card payments." - And there-in lies the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

I don't think you'd of been chraged if I hadn't of used visa....hmm guess I've benn lucky until now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

With Website Payments Standard

1.9% - 2.9% + $0.30 USD, depending on monthly volume

€190 * 2.9% = €5.51 + $0.30 USD.

More Paypal pricing info here

Advertisement