Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Degree for paymemnt

• 03-07-2006 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I've been told that if one makes a contribution to an university they will receive a honorary degree, has anybody views on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Doubt they're talking about 20 quid, more like a few hundred grand. No particular problem with that honorary degrees have been around yonks for a variety of reasons. Some uni even gave Jeremy Clarkson a doctorate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This wouldn't, by any chance, happen to be for your friend who is in a spot of bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Here we go again.

In short.. I have said it before that I will not tolerate anyone discussing "dodgy" ways to get a qualification.

Max_nash.. Can I remind you of your previous post that I locked about your friend who wanted to do a post grad without doing a degree and who had a fake qualification on his cv etc.

Ive decided that the warning I gave in that case was very clear. Part 7 of the charter states "Any request for unethical information or information deemed unsuitable by the moderators will result in a ban"

In short.. discussing or requesting information regarding degrees for payment has got you banned for a month. PM me for access when the month is up. Next time it'll be permanent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement