Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy20 - What can I say.

• 03-07-2006 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone who has looked at the "photo check, name check" thread will see that Paddy20 has been banned for 2 weeks. Nanook spent quite a bit of time with PM.s to him yesterday but to no avail. I have spent large chunks of my time also sending PM's to Paddy over the last few months trying to keep him on the straight and narrow but I got no thanks for it.

Last night he started a thread in the feedback forum stating that unless you post a photo of yourself you will not be allowed to post in the North West forum. He has willfully and deliberately twisted everything to try and justify his pathetic "civil rights" grunt.
    Nanook has asked for that thread to be transferred to here but if that does not happen then you can all have a look at it here

I am aware of what has been said in the PM's but I wont comment further as that part is between nanook and Paddy. But I want the people who post here to understand that things are not rosey in the garden. As far as I am concerned there will be no more outlandish statements and no more ranting about basic and civil rights for this, that and the other. We have heard them all before and if Paddy wants to be a champion of citizens rights then he will have to get his own soapbox and rant all he wants from there.

Here are a few examples of what Paddy has posted in the past: advised people to defraud the social welfare system, encouraged people to break the planning laws, wrongfully named a senior politician of having taken a brown envelope, wrongfully named and accused a well known contractor of objecting to a planning application, suggested that a certain business person was not being prosecuted for alleged offences because his sister held a senior legal post (yes, he named both.) I think those examples will show you all why things must change.

These rants and foundless accusations cant go on as boards.ie will be sued. We have protected Paddy in the past but both myself and nanook are charged with protecting the boards from legal threats as a result of posts in the NW forum. When Paddy comes back from his 2 week ban things are going to be a lot different.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I saw the thread Paddy started yesterday on this forum before it was deleted.
    Jaysus Paddy, why does everything have to boil down to your civil rights? The rules were clear and you broke them knowingly. From a personal point of view, I am getting extremely annoyed at your continuous rambling about your civil rights. You need to lighten up because, when you are in the mood, your contribution to this forum is as good as anybody else. Finally, with regards to those much mentioned civil rights of yours, I am pretty sure that the Constitution of this country does not cover posting on a privately owned site such as boards.ie, where the rules are pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Don't see the point of getting in a strop over the Name Check & Photo thread. I don't want to post my pic, therefore i don't post in that thread. My civil rights are still intact, last time I looked.

Even if I did have an issue with it, it's still just a thread in a forum, nothing to get stressed about.

People need to relax more.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I saw the thread before it got deleted too. Have to agree with Smashey.

Much ado about nothing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I hadn't realised that tooty-frooty was still around. I suppose this place needs those sort of 'characters'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

muffler and all fellow posters

Thanks for the support, but i will be changing the name to the thread, no offence muffler but i am getting tired of this and it has been a really long weekend.

Cheeres

Nanook

• Advertisement

actually, muffler, i am going to leave this to you.

If you wanna change the name of the thread then fine, if not no worries, its been a real lond day and i am tired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In light of ongoing discussions elsewhere I am going to leave this as it is for now. I am not going to say too much other than (as most people know by now) Paddy has been banned for 2 weeks and he is not a happy camper.

Things may well change and if they do I will post an update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I think Paddy20's handle should change to grumpy old man1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

^
    I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Felt the need to pop into this forum to pass on support to the Mods.

I won't express my true opinion but from what I've read of his posts, I'm amazed he's not received a full site ban.

Keep up the good work guys.

Move on.

:D

• Advertisement

Felt the need to pop into this forum to pass on support to the Mods.

I won't express my true opinion but from what I've read of his posts, I'm amazed he's not received a full site ban.

Keep up the good work guys.

Move on.

:D
    Thanks Mike. Its always nice to get a bit of support

For anyone who's interested Paddy20 has now had his ban from the NW forum extended to 4 weeks for personal abuse. He's also banned from the feedback forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well i think that making up arbritary rules in threads on the spot and banning people then is rubbish but i reckon this banning is correct and long time coming

well i think that making up arbritary rules in threads on the spot and banning people then is rubbish
    Where did you see this or can you explain your comment please

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think the rule of the thread were rather self-explanitory. Nobody else seemed to have a problem with it.

He knew the rules of the thread.

byte wrote:
    I think the rule of the thread were rather self-explanitory. Nobody else seemed to have a problem with it.

He knew the rules of the thread.
    Paddy was the only person to have an issue or problem with it. I just did a quick head count and we had 17 different people post photos and none of them had a problem.

When he couldn't get his way he tried to start a "back me up" poll in the same thread. Some of you may have seen it before it was deleted. That combined with his antics later has earned him a ban on 2 forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

/waits for a new thread titled "Free the paddy20 1???" and posters up on the esb poles in Ballybofey calling for a civil rights march.

well i think that making up arbritary rules in threads on the spot and banning people then is rubbish but i reckon this banning is correct and long time coming

as muffler said, elaborate further please

/waits for a new thread titled "Free the paddy20 1???" and posters up on the esb poles in Ballybofey calling for a civil rights march.
    :D:D

There's an open air rally in Ballybofey tonight in support of Paddy. If it rains it will be held in the phone box at the top of the street

jeez, dont even give people ideas, i can see a thread coming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

iv only been posting on boards for a short time and i completely think he has made a mountain out of a molehill. he has also consequently embarrassed himself in front of boards members now moreso than his pic ever would have done! but thats just my opinion!?

iv only been posting on boards for a short time and i completely think he has made a mountain out of a molehill. he has also consequently embarrassed himself in front of boards members now moreso than his pic ever would have done! but thats just my opinion!?
    You are quite right. It was his defiance that got to me. Everyone else was wrong and he was right.

Here's an extract from a fairly recent post by Paddy................. "my fundamental belief that 'freedom of choice' is a basic human right."

Paddy had his freedom of choice in relation to the photo check thread - Post with a photo or dont post at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

muffler wrote:
    Things may well change and if they do I will post an update

Why? tbh i don't know the point of this thread. :confused:
    Its just encouraging other people who probably have never been on this forum to have a go at him

Madge wrote:
    Its just encouraging other people who probably have never been on this forum to have a go at him

Like yourself perhaps?

smashey wrote:
    Like yourself perhaps?

No I chose not to indulge in bitching about Paddy20.

Madge wrote:
    No I chose not to indulge in bitching about Paddy20.

Maybe, but you rode in here like his knight in shining armour. I would be hopeful that Paddy takes heed of all that has been posted in this thread and comes back to us with his civil rights intact.

smashey wrote:
    Maybe, but you rode in here like his knight in shining armour.
    :rolleyes: Because I simply asked the point of this thread?
    smashey wrote:
    I would be hopeful that Paddy takes heed of all that has been posted in this thread and comes back to us with his civil rights intact
    Would ya? I doubt it.

Madge wrote:
    :rolleyes: Because I simply asked the point of this thread?

Would ya? I doubt it.

This thread came about because of Paddy's constant moaning about his civil rights. No matter what the subject is, it affects his civil rights in some way. The rules on the photo thread were very clear, but he chose to ignore them. When this was pointed out to him, he started ranting about civil rights and proceeded to open a thread in feedback about it. His ban was fully deserved. I have already said on this thread that when he is in the mood, his contribution to this forum is as good as anybody else and I would like to have him back. I really hope he behaves on his return as a lot of his posts are well thought out and very topical.

Madge wrote:
    And you posting your comment has just bumped it back up to no. 1 on the list of topics. Good on ya girl.

BTW tell Paddy I was asking for him ;)

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    BTW tell Paddy I was asking for him ;)
    Just for the record I disagree with Paddy 20 and I think he shouldn't have went on as he did. He went over the top.
    But I dont see the point of you starting a thread with the obvious sole intention of getting others to flame him.

Advertisement