Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there such a thing as roll on or paint on plaster finish !

• 03-07-2006 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Recently got all the outer facing rooms dry lined and replastered but have a small bit that the plasterer could not do at the time and dont really want to annoy him to come back for a small cuboard.
    Is there such a thing as paint on plaster finish that could be applied over
    plaster board . Any replies greatly appreciated !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Yes there is. You can get it in woodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I think I saw somthing like that in atlantic homecare in liffey valley recently, on promotion iirc.

b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

You can get a bucket of taping and jointing plaster.
    Apply is yourself and sandpaper it down when it is dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

Polycell does something called smoothover and there's also a basecoat to use on plasterboard. I've used it, it takes a while to get the hang of it, but it works out well in the end. You have to get a big type scraper with it, so I'm afraid it's not as easy as rolling it on, but any unevenness can be sanded off in the end. It's like smoothing Philadelphia cheese on the wall....
    I've seen that stuff in woodies and in Homebase, I bought the stuff for repairing walls, 2.5 litres and that was plenty for one wall. cost around the 20 euro mark. Not sure how much the basecoat was, but I'd say that's cheaper.

Advertisement