Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A flashy function room

Options
  • 03-07-2006 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

My mothers 60th is on at the begining of next year and my siblings and I would like to through her a bit of a fancy bash. She is a real snob to whom money and fanciness really does matter.

The party will involve a private function room with finger food for about 80

While Money is an issue, at this early stage I am willing to consider anywhere/thing. Anyone got a great idea?

At the moment we are considering Dromoland and Adare, but we live near Dromoland.

I was thinking that the Hunt museum might have a function room, but it doesn't advertise anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Not sure whether they have a function room but you could try Au Bars. very high on the snobbery stakes or so I'm told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

How about renting a suite in the Clarion or something, penthouse in Riverpoint maybe, Harris' in Riverpoint is pretty swish, could you rent the top level and deck of the bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Bring her down to Poormans Kilkee for a bottle of Buckie!:D

seriously though, Amazo is right.
    Harris' is really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lululady

Bring her down to Poormans Kilkee for a bottle of Buckie!

hhehee that gave me a laugh!!!!!:)

The clarion is nice on the river quite lovely with the river view

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Lynch's "boutique" hotle should be open by then or you could try the Glenthworth (which it will always be no matter how hard the "pery" marketing people try)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VIP area of Trinity Rooms. :D

Seriously though how about Bunratty Castle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Janet_M

The Clarion hotel on Steamboat Quay - i saw that they have a new big function suite - it has full glass walls and is really very impressive!! I would def recommend it...i think its the only really upmarket and modern place in town to have a function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KiraK

Janet is def. right. I just booked my wedding into the Clarion Hotel in Limerick for August next year. Went to see the room last week and it is just beautiful...it is overlooking the river as it has a huge glass wall to the river side!!! Amazing!!! I think, it really is a very unique room for any special occasion and i don't think you can find anything like it in Limerick. I really can't wait for next year!!!! You should go and check it out as the price is pretty good too. Also important, it is very close to the City and a brand new room. It would be perfect for your Mum's birthday, I think. Good luck, Kira

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

Thanks for all the advice, buckie it is:)

Advertisement