Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greece Suspended by FIFA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Government interference in Greece?! Shock horror!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not for bad football then? ;)

Mike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

does anyone know what effect this will have on such things as the champions league as all Greek teams are suspended from International competitions. hence are spots in the CL going to open up to replace Olympiakos or whomever was supposed to represent them this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

does anyone know what effect this will have on such things as the champions league as all Greek teams are suspended from International competitions. hence are spots in the CL going to open up to replace Olympiakos or whomever was supposed to represent them this year?

If that's the case I'm sure spurs will be on the phone to UEFA having a moan again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If that's the case I'm sure spurs will be on the phone to UEFA having a moan again.

And I'm sure we won't, but that hasn't stopped you getting your dig in...:rolleyes:

Bounty Hunter, UEFA's own CL regulations state that no country can have more than four representatives in the CL, so I doubt England, Spain or Italy will get any extra spots. My guess is that either the Greek places will be awarded to another association based on coefficients, or that they won't be replaced and UEFA will just adjust the qualifying rounds to arrive @ 32 teams for the group stage. I'm inclined to believe option 2, its less controversial.

• Advertisement
Advertisement