Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

[Request] Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams comedy tapes

• 03-07-2006 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I'm looking for a site that does comedy mp3's of people imitating Ian Paisley, Gerry Adams and Gerry Fitt. These are quite a few years old and I used to have them on tape but, I lost them. (I'm looking to transfer to my ipod)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    New User.

P.s. I'd be prepared to buy in a shop but, I wouldn't even know what to ask for.
    These comedy sketches are over 10 years old and I know HMV or Virgin don't have them as I looked in there comedy cd section.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

moved to afterhours, sorry mods... on my PDA and cant spend my 1 meg limit downloading different pages to move this to. Sorry!

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

ok... I can't figure out how to move this on the mobile skin! I'll move it when I get to a PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I have over an hour of this , somewhere in my collection.
    Very rare indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

I'm also looking for these does anybody know where they can be found?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

eh, can I have them too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Was that not the Today FM stuff you used to get on their website? Gift Grub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I think Dermot Morgan did it years ago. A friend of mine hasd them. very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

was it not spit on the ceasefire? very funny they were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There was a very recent one on 2FM and RTE Radio 1 of Adams and Paisley joining the PSNI, going out on a shift together and ending up in a pub. They do a load of these skits on 2FM in the morning and on the Mooney show, and then repeated usually about 4:35pm each day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I know the ones the OP is talking about but I don't have them either. /Not Gift Grub or Scrap Saturday (Dermot Morgan)

They were very popular in Northern Ireland at the time and were voiced and produced by a guy from Northern Ireland...years and years before Gift Grub.

OP, I would go as far as to say that they are about 14-15 years old..I remember a sketch where Ian Paisley was commenting on BSE and saying that his wife Eileen had not taken the beef for many years while Gerry Adams retorted that he had heard that Eileen was taking as much beef as she could get.

I too would like to get my hands on them as they were very, very funny and often very rude with lots of swearing, unlike Gift Grub etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep its deffo those spit on the ceasefire tapes, a mate of mine from belfast had them in college, so so funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bob Sherunkle

I'm looking for a site that does comedy mp3's of people imitating Ian Paisley, Gerry Adams and Gerry Fitt. These are quite a few years old and I used to have them on tape but, I lost them. (I'm looking to transfer to my ipod)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    New User.

P.s. I'd be prepared to buy in a shop but, I wouldn't even know what to ask for.
    These comedy sketches are over 10 years old and I know HMV or Virgin don't have them as I looked in there comedy cd section.

What you are looking for is http://www.spittinmcblain.com/ the guys name is John McBlaine, its 2 years since you've been looking, but i've just found it myself after 2 years aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stevejcraven

What you are looking for is http://www.spittinmcblain.com/ the guys name is John McBlaine, its 2 years since you've been looking, but i've just found it myself after 2 years aswell!

Someone else pointed me in that direction a long time back. I probably should have come back here to say that. Unfortunately he hasn't put any of the older stuff on CD but I did come across a few of his later stuff on e-bay at reasonable prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Those tapes were feckin' gold...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stevejcraven

Just an update to everyone that posted in this thread.

I've Just received an e-mail from John McBlain and you can now get all his old tapes on CD. :D

http://www.spittinmcblain.com/site/new_site.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement