Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify this resevoir outside Swords

• 03-07-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Google Earth KMZ file attached, so Google Earth required to see what I mean...

Anyone know what this resevoir is on the outskirts of Swords ? It's not the Broadmeadow resevoir is it ? It's not connected to the Broadmeadow river or any other that I can see.

Mainly interested in fishing it, if possible.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Can you post a screenshot of it or a different file extension as I cannot access this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

zoom in a bit or at least center the pic but is this what your lookin at?

that's it. I was just trying to show its context within the general area. Any ideas what it is ?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

m_stan wrote:
    that's it. I was just trying to show its context within the general area. Any ideas what it is ?

if that's it I think it is a feeder for the water features on the golf course at forrest little..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fidge

I think you might be right on that one ... looks like it's running to the golf course alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Its a fish farm. Cant remember who owns it but anyone in the area will be able to tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Its in rolestown can't rememember the name of it though. A lot of local angling clubs fish there, Someone on the angling forum might be able to help.

The golf course is Roganstown not Forest little.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The Muppet wrote:
    Its in rolestown can't rememember the name of it though. A lot of local angling clubs fish there, Someone on the angling forum might be able to help.

The golf course is Roganstown not Forest little.

agreed, dunno why I thought it was forrest little, as have played roganstown more often. it feeds the stream across the 16th and the lake at the 17th at roganstown by the looks of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

I think its the Tonlegee Reservoir on the Rathbeale Road west of Swords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

redzer wrote: »
    I think its the Tonlegee Reservoir on the Rathbeale Road west of Swords

Spot on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

hamnegg wrote: »
    Spot on!
    7 months later! :eek: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

7 months later! :eek: :)

D'oh!

I'm new to this!

Anyone know if this is stocked with fish and if it can be fished and who can be contacted re this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

m_stan wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is stocked with fish and if it can be fished and who can be contacted re this ?

:Dyes its stocked wit trout, members and fly fishing only and 2 year waitin list, jus before the rolestown inn, theres a dip in the road and a set of gates on the left if your coming from swords. well dats were it is. think its called broadmeadow angling club.:cool:

Advertisement