Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamilton/ Stevens....gaffes

• 03-07-2006 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Another clanger from the dynamic duo the other night. Its amazing to think Zidane has never scored a free kick for France :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eh, vs England, vs Spain to name but 2.

Gob****es !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Thought it was Darragh Maloney and Stevens. I thought they were talking about Zidane had never setup Henry before for France in a competitive match. Couldn't really hear the tv to be honest though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Stevens was talking the other day about the great form that Germany were bringing into the tournament - what form is that then Trevor, getting hammered by Italy earlier this year or drawing 2-2 with Japan and getting lambasted in the German press?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Stevens is clueless. Does this thread not qualify under the abusing "sports personalities" rule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Yeah I noticed they said that about never having provided Henry with an assist before too, they then didn't comment when he did so with the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

In my experience, all commentators in all sports are rubbish. There's little point in abusing them for the many mistakes they make. They're have to do something terrible to get fired and the alternatives aren't any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

RealJohn wrote:
    In my experience, all commentators in all sports are rubbish. There's little point in abusing them for the many mistakes they make. They're have to do something terrible to get fired and the alternatives aren't any better.

Sky Sports Spanish commentators and boxing commentators are good .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

RealJohn wrote:

how big was the brush you used to sweep that statement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I also like Sky Sports La Liga commentators

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Andrew 83 wrote:
    Yeah I noticed they said that about never having provided Henry with an assist before too, they then didn't comment when he did so with the goal.

They said the exact same thign on French TV just after the goal went in. It seemed impossible, but I can't actually remember a specific incident of it happening before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

Andrew 83 wrote:
    They did....''there's your assist''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Sorry my bad

Advertisement