Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm with Pager fitted...390 euro

Options
  • 03-07-2006 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Only heard of this board today.

Car/Van alarm with pager, shock sensor, immobiliser, connected to central locking. Remote control looks like a small mobile phone and tells you if someone hit your car, opened the door, opened the bonnet or is trying to start it. It has a range of a mile.

A must have if you have a nice car or a van/4*4 with tools.

390 fitted

As above but with remote start!.....490 euro.

087 4182270
    joweschoppers@eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Is it a falcon alarm by anychance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Joebe1

No Auto-Page. A 25 year old big American company.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I have a 206 van with just a standard cobra alarm.
    I have a little interest in this, but what is the turnaround on installing this system?
    Where abouts are you located?

I like that remote start feature. :D

Sparky-s wrote:

I like that remote start feature. :D

Do some research before having this installed.If your car has a chipped key immobilisor it will require a transponder unit,meaning you put a spare key in a little box that goes behind the dash.

If would be thief is smart enough to know what type of alarm is in the car he can go looking for your key and off he goes!

tbh, I havn't a clue when it comes to alarms.

The remote start feature is not really needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

eireal wrote:
    If would be thief is smart enough to know what type of alarm is in the car he can go looking for your key and off he goes!
    If you're stupid enough to leave the whole key inside the car you deserve to have your car stolen! Cut the key off and leave the transponder only :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Joebe1

I am booked out till Tue next week. Usually a few days notice is fine.

Yes you have to hide the transponder in the dash for to use the remote start but no Jap import needs this. Also older cars. What year is your van? Might not need it either.

2002, Peugoet 206 van.
    http://peugeot.ie/html/showroom/206van/introduction_206van.asp
    It uses the key to lock the car also, but without the alarm on. The cobra key will also lock and alarm the car in one key press.

I know one thing, if you remove the alarmbox, the car will not lock, even when using the car key. I know this from when I had a problem with the alarm a few months ago.

If you're stupid enough to leave the whole key inside the car you deserve to have your car stolen! Cut the key off and leave the transponder only :rolleyes:

Even by cutting the key,by putting the transponder in the car you've just made the thiefs job a hell of alot easier,hotwired and off he goes thanks to the hidden transponer bypassing his factory immobilisor!

Another thing to be carefull of is leaving your car in gear once parked,hit your remote start to hear a bang and your car stuck to the front of the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I'm interested, where are you based? I'm down in south tipp myself and would love one of those remote starts. But one question will this work with my turbo timer already fitted?

• Advertisement
Advertisement