Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn you work, damn you

Options
  • 03-07-2006 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

I'm sitting in work and don't finish for another 3 hours. I bought world of warcraft today and it's sitting in my bad. It's calling to me... doh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Wow... hate to say it, but if thats how you are now... you're fooked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

hehe,addicted before starting :P
    anyway,if you happen to go to the Earthen Ring Server add 'Sulthan' as a friend on alliance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

Cheers :) From reading a bit on the starter guides etc., it looks like an RPG/PvP realm is the one to go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just depends what you really want... Tbh an RP-PvP realm sounds like my idea of hell! Though I'm trying to make myself like PvP, I've rolled a character on Bladefist where I've got a lv60 friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I would definately advise going on a PvP realm, in my experience any adverse affects have been quite rare (eg getting ganked by a player way higher than me is quite unusual).

A few players I've met who play on RP servers say that very little (if any) RP goes on, and mentioned that a number of players who play there didn't even know what RP was, so don't hold out too much hope but no harm trying!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what Realm I'm on...
    But I know I'm a Level 5 Dark Elf Hunter /shrug/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

love those dark elf hunters:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

think you mean night elf mate ;)

Just depends what you really want... Tbh an RP-PvP realm sounds like my idea of hell! Though I'm trying to make myself like PvP, I've rolled a character on Bladefist where I've got a lv60 friend :)

98% of people on bladefist migrated to outland, your wasting your time..

Got another alt on Jaedenar, which is the newest PvP server. I only rolled on Bladefist because my friend was there. My poor little lv7 tauren shaman, she is so lonely...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

ouch female taurens, certainly a rare breed, L2P. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Another rare breed is the incredibly ugly Dwarf Female <anything>. The guild I'm in on Emeriss seems to be having a crusade regarding this atm with half the guild seeming to have fem dwarf priests/warriors/hunters as alts....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive a 60 undead rogue on balnazzar,33 warrior and 22 hunter on bladefist,both pvp realms.
    Recently i started a warrior on a normal server Kilrogg to experience the difference and i must say its great.
    I can pvp if i want and not worry about being ganked.
    Then there seems to be many many raids going down so theres no shortage of pvp action when needed.

Levelling up is so much faster on normals from what i see,not being attacked mid quest helps :)
    In about 5 hours playing my warrior on Kilrogg is up to lvl 21.
    Best experience so far on Kilrogg was myself and a paladin were out questing in Redridge when we came upon 7 or 8 ?? hordeys,they followed us around for what seemed like an eternity tempting us to enable pvp and generally agroing the mobs with their mounts and leaving us to kill them ,lol was quite funny the feckers.

Once quests were completed off we went to the village to hand in quests, next thing there were 14 or 15 alliance on the bridge and all hell broke loose ,before we knew it there must have been well over a hundred guys involved in the scrap,was great fun.

I recommend you try both a pvp and normal server.

What's your character's name on Kilrogg? I may just have to add you :p My main - a lv31 paladin, is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

98% of people on bladefist migrated to outland, your wasting your time..
    Yeah Bladefist is a total ghost town now. I got someone to migrate for me cos my modern internet was down at the time, hilariously my main was moved but my 42 alt mage and my bank alt with 500g worth of stuff on him was left behind. I loled not.

It really seems like it in the lowbie area that I'm in at the moment... on Kilrogg I was back in Elwynn Forest skilling up my mining the other day and there were 1-10s everywhere, but in Mulgore on Bladefist last night there were only about 5 lowbies in the whole area, 2 of which were my real-life friends.
    *so tempted to just roll Alliance on some other PvP server, given that I'm not a particularly big Horde fan anyway*

I'm on Ravenbolt or something like that... don't have the game to hand.
    I'm level 6 or 7 now at this stage and not finding it all that easy to level up anymore... Being able to kill animals with the bow before they physically reach you is pretty cool though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Hunter finding it hard to level! :eek:

Hehe... Took me aaaaages to get anywhere on my first char, don't worry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i'm on jaedenar, my wee gnome warlock female is just at lvl 20, great server pvp, the bg's are nicely queued, never too long, plus i know no one on it...slurms abandoned me in dun moragh sniffle

Anyone on Ravenholdt?

• Advertisement

That's RP I think... Strange and evil places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gnomes are teh suck, thats why I left. I've gone back to Bladefist with my NE hunter at lvl 24. Can't believe I forgot how much fun this guy was to play.

I wasn't progressing very much until I met this swedish girl and she shared 3 of her quests with me. I now have lots of money, a better bow, a better dagger, I've learned some hunter skills and I'm also learning first aid :D

Hurrah. Also take skinning and mining or herbalism. Most of the crafting proffs are a lot of effort and expense. Gathering proffs help make pleasant amounts of gold.

I thought one could only have 2 main talents? And I'm making so much money from First Aid. Just keep killing those Groll monster things who always have loads of cloth, turn it into bandages and hey presto; instant money :D

I made the same mistake... First Aid is a secondary proff... Like cooking and fishing. You can learn all 3 secondary proffs as well as 2 main proffs.

Oh and I hope you're using the AH to sell stuff. ;)

Emmmmmm AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Auction house. Other silly players bid humongously silly amounts of money so that they can level their professions without having to grind level 10 mobs. Woot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

plenderj wrote:
    I thought one could only have 2 main talents? And I'm making so much money from First Aid. Just keep killing those Groll monster things who always have loads of cloth, turn it into bandages and hey presto; instant money :D
    The actual cloth itself would probably go for alot more, compared to bandages...

• Advertisement

plenderj wrote:
    Emmmmmm AH?

Hehe my bad. Took me a long time to trust that place...

Basically, all that cloth is what ya need to level up tailoring and first aid. So people who power level will get to 60 asap, and then start power levelling professions. So they buy all the trade goods etc etc. This tends to screw realm economies a bit.

Basic example - on a new server where there arent many lvl 60s and no-one has much gold, trade goods are cheap. As people level, supply falls. On most servers, mid range goods will often sell for as much as or even higher amounts than high level items.

EG - Linen cloth -> Silk Cloth - > Mageweave -> Runecloth

Eventually, there'll be so many 60s grabbing Runecloth that it will sell for maybe 1 or 2 gold a stack, while silk cloth and even linen cloth will sell for perhaps 50 silver.

Advertisement