Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspended ceiling - curtain rail

• 03-07-2006 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

I have a feature corner window with a deep window sill, the room suspended ceiling is lower than that of the bay of the window.

I have a problem, how to fit the curtain rail on the ceiling as I don't want the curtain in the bay of the window. Will the ceiling take the weight of a curtain rail and curtains if I attach the one end of the rail to the wall and then the other to the ceiling? I would have to use two separate poles

Sounds very complicated!! Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

stringy wrote:
    ... I would have to use two separate poles

Sounds very complicated!! Any ideas?

Hi,

We put up a "custom" bent curtain rail that went around a corner. it attaches directly to the ceiling and the curtain sits on a rail under it. This means that it is one rail, and one (or two depending) curtains that close seamlessly. The rail itself is brushed aluminium and is only 2cm deep so it is very unobtrusive and invisible when the curtain is closed.

Found it in a local curtain shop in Leixlip but I'm sure that this type of rail is in other shops too. :)

L.

Advertisement