Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gaiter and Golf MkIv

Options
  • 03-07-2006 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to change a gearstick gaiter on a MkIv Golf please?
    (or a link - can't locate anything relevant on google)

Cheers
    Redman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

Push the base of the gaiter forward. The base is a plastic ring. It should pop up after that. Are you changing the knob and gaiter or just the gaiter? Knob is held on with a brass clamp. You'll have to cut/twist/butcher this with a pliers. Search the vwvortex.com forums for loads of howtos on variations of whatever hacking you're going doing after that. When you're searching keep in mind they're mostly yankees and they call it a "boot" not a "gaiter".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Cerberus wrote:
    Push the base of the gaiter forward. The base is a plastic ring. It should pop up after that. Are you changing the knob and gaiter or just the gaiter? Knob is held on with a brass clamp. You'll have to cut/twist/butcher this with a pliers. Search the vwvortex.com forums for loads of howtos on variations of whatever hacking you're going doing after that. When you're searching keep in mind they're mostly yankees and they call it a "boot" not a "gaiter".

Thanks I'm not changing the knob and I can see that Brass clamp alright. So I'll whack it off and replace later with a hose clamp

Cheers

Redman

Advertisement