Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - Cabling for new plasma/lcd

• 03-07-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Situation:
    Downstairs Normal Sky and NTL cable with CoAx feeding upstairs bedroom tv.
    Redoing Upstairs bedroom with a Plasma/LCD in a couple of months and I am conscious that the coax cabling won't do for the Plasma/LCD and will need to either feed a Scart of HD cable in. Am I correct in this assumption?

If so I am concerned about the awkwardness of feeding up fatter cable upstairs and thinking either
    1)a new Sky box with feed coming straight in upstairs from outside to avoid cabling hassle
    or
    2)some way of wirelessly transmitting good quality upstairs - is this possible?

Any comments/advice would be much appreciated

Redman

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

you could have kept all in one thread by amplifing your original thread..

anyhow, you will only get the FTA channels with a new sky box, to get all your current channels you will need a mirror card at €15 a month, it is benefical to get this mirror card to provide you with cabled/new box and then cease sub after one year

just to help us out a bit, what do you mean by Normal sky box and then mentioning HD - High Def? - cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

slave1 wrote:
    you could have kept all in one thread by amplifing your original thread..

anyhow, you will only get the FTA channels with a new sky box, to get all your current channels you will need a mirror card at €15 a month, it is benefical to get this mirror card to provide you with cabled/new box and then cease sub after one year

just to help us out a bit, what do you mean by Normal sky box and then mentioning HD - High Def? - cable

Yes thanks Slave1 I couldn't find my original thread when I reposted- whoops!
    Normal sky box I meant traditional feed and by HD I did mean high definition on the new sky box offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

only new sky customers can get hd sky at the moment. existing customers have to wait until september. get the sky hd box downstairs and get a second box and card (non hi-def) upstairs. or the other way round.. depends which tv u anticipate to use most

Advertisement