Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real-time Content Filtering system (client/server - full source) for sale

Options
  • 03-07-2006 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this post. If it is, please let me know and I will happily post it in the right forum.

I have over the course of the past couple of months developed a fully working content filtering system that is client/server based, with C (client), asp (web interface), server (vb) integrating with MySql and full setup for web install. Runs off IIS6. Ant build scripts included for building and releasing, as well as fully exported SQL for rebuilding database tables and views. Client side software integrates with Layered Service Providers (XP os or better).

The application filters content based on categories. Users can decide what to filter or not (through maintenance interface), and provision is made to override blocked content by means of username and password. Software can also be used to purely monitor internet activity without restricting access to websites.

Summary of code (approx):
    VB: 15500 lines of code (classes, forms and modules, compiles to EXE's and DLL's)
    C++: 2500 lines of code (compiles to DLL's)
    Ant XML: 300 lines of code for building and releasing to production
    ASP/HTML: 1400 lines of code - for online registration and profile maintenance
    Installer: 800 lines of code (compiles into EXE)
    ===============================
    Total: 20000 lines of code

The product is in testing a some minor testing/development needs to be done. 99.9% of it is self-developed. Code is well structured for readibility.

I am interested in selling the full source code. The reason for this is it has become too big for me - i have a small IT company, and does not have the technical and administrative infrastructure to implement it.

Further expansion to provide better value-added services to customers possible due to portability of code.

Naturally the code will be subject to a due diligence.

If you are interested, or have any questions please PM me, or reply to the post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Have you a demo of this web interface running anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

Have you a demo of this web interface running anywhere?

I had one untill I had to move house and got a new ISP. They have the modem locked down and refuses to open ports (80) so that I can expose the website to the web on my residential subscription (although this wasn't my understanding when I signed up). It cannot be "installed" at an ISP as this would not be practical unless I have direct access to the server.

I can do a demo though if there are serious prospects.

(As mentioned earlier, the technical infrastructure is a bit of a challenge at the moment)

A demo might be best. If you could create a video demo that I could download from your webserver, or a powerpoint presentation.

A demo might be best. If you could create a video demo that I could download from your webserver, or a powerpoint presentation.

I can mock up a powerpoint demo in the next day or 2. I'd prefer if you can PM me an email address where i can email the presentation.

Keep in mind the application demo will demonstrate core-functionality only. Product branding needs to be added, but after that it's pretty much "shrink-wrap" ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

ikoonman wrote:
    I had one untill I had to move house and got a new ISP. They have the modem locked down and refuses to open ports (80) so that I can expose the website to the web on my residential subscription (although this wasn't my understanding when I signed up). It cannot be "installed" at an ISP as this would not be practical unless I have direct access to the server.

I can do a demo though if there are serious prospects.

(As mentioned earlier, the technical infrastructure is a bit of a challenge at the moment)

Setup your webserver to run on a different port than port 80 and just include the port number in the URL.

• Advertisement

Kernel32 wrote:
    Setup your webserver to run on a different port than port 80 and just include the port number in the URL.

There is no way i can unblock ports or enable port forwarding on my router. My ISP does not allow it.

pm sent ikoonman

Advertisement