Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology with the OU

Options
  • 03-07-2006 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

Can someone fill me in as I'm trying to make some sense of this - if I want to get a Psych degree from the OU just exactly what courses/how many do I need to do and where there are options which courses would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To get an honours degree from the OU, you need to complete 360 points worth of courses. Individual courses are worth X amount of credit points depending on the work involved and the time required (10, 15, 30, 60 are the usual with 60 points being the equivalent of 1/2 a years work "full-time" university work).

Some courses will be complusory, some will be free choice. A good example of the courses on offer which could lead to the BSc in Psychology here: http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?Q01B07.

Also, the OU are great for providing advice and support to prospective students. Don't be afraid to contact them.

The Open University in the Republic of Ireland

The Open University in Ireland
    Enquiry and Advice Centre
    Holbrook House
    Holles Street
    Dublin 2
    Republic of Ireland
    Tel: (01) 678 5399
    Fax: (01) 678 5442
    Email: ireland@open.ac.uk

The Open University in Ireland

40 University Road
    Belfast
    BT7 1SU
    Tel: +44 (0)28 90323722
    Fax: 028 90230565
    Email: ireland@open.ac.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I've been onto their website but I'm still a little confused, what are the level 2 and 3 courses that you must have?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well, if you click on the links of the individual courses, down towards of the bottom it will tell you if what qualifications it is a compulsory course on, and which it is specified (recommended).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I've figured out all the courses I need to do, it should cost about €9441 in total.

Advertisement