Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Jazz forum.

Options
  • 03-07-2006 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

I'm really at a loss with this one. I just tried to start insightful, intelligent threads to liven up what is a pretty dead forum. None of what I said was in anyway harmful or trolling, yet I receive no PM or explanation for my banning. I'm really heartbroken by this and feel about 2 feet tall and am desperately worried about the long time psychological, not to mention physical damage being banned from this forum would do to me.
    Please may I enlist the help of you kind moderators to help sort out this difficult misunderstanding.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Casanova_kid
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Did you PM the Jazz mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I IM'd one, but could get no explanation but the usual politician talk you get from the authorities.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

IM'd? Which one did you pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

I'm really heartbroken by this and feel about 2 feet tall and am desperately worried about the long time psychological, not to mention physical damage being banned from this forum would do to me.
    Not having read the original posts - I can't help but feel you've more of a blues thing going on at the moment :D. Seriously thou' just PM, could be a simple mis-understanding.

D.

Daddio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Satchmo banned you for what he deemed trolling it seems.

I don't think he appreciated your thread entitled.

Music Without Lyrics

Kinda sucks, doesn't it?

Your quote, btw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

It's not a simple misunderstanding.
    I didn't get a PM off you, and the only reason why I didn't PM is that my computer went haywire <still on 56k down here :eek: >
    If anyone would care to view these miraculous threads which are apparently "insightful, intelligent" they're here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054955116
    The thread titled "Listening to Jazz in bed: how many pillows do you like to lie on?" has been deleted.

Satchmo banned you for what he deemed trolling it seems.

I don't think he appreciated your thread entitled.

Music Without Lyrics

Your quote, btw. :)
    In fairness, I posted that a fair few days ago and I was only banned today. What was wrong with it anyway? I stated my opinion and people were free to answer me or argue with me, which they did, i didn't complain, so why did they they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Please people. Consider this:

There are many people who have not got membership of any private forums and who've been banned from the Cuckoo's Nest for posting in the "Post here to be banned" forum. As such they aren't familiar with anything funnier on boards than the so-called humour forum.

These people could be drinking coffee. Then out of the blue they come across this unexpected hilarity. The resulting collision between the guffawing laugh and the mouthful of hot caffeinated beverage results in a spewing forth of coffee.

Monitors ruined, keyboards soaked. Spacebars forever sticky.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah, of course. You can only ban someone without a certain numbers of a thread being posted. How stupid of me!

• Advertisement

In fairness, I posted that a fair few days ago and I was only banned today. What was wrong with it anyway? I stated my opinion and people were free to answer me or argue with me, which they did, i didn't complain, so why did they they?
    Keep rattling away there, I'm off to the pub for a drink.

I feel violated. I'm sitting here in tears, raped, pillaged and shat on. Where is the justice in the world/ Music without lyrics does suck!. Why, oh why can't people just accept this as a valid argument? TVs, internet, mobile phones and jazz music without lyrics has caused famine, war, AIDs and yet some moderators think that speaking out(more like mentioning), this debacle is worthy of banishment, it sickens me.
    As for the question about pillows, it's a quite serious issue and if the jazz moderators can't see this, they are obviously ignorant of anything to do with music or culture or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

desperately worried about the long time psychological, not to mention physical damage being banned from this forum would do to me.

Lube will help offset the physical damage as you feverishly masturbate to fill the empty void.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Are mods still to give warnings for behaviour like the above and all that jazz!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Mod's discretion tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Daddio wrote:
    The thread titled "Listening to Jazz in bed: how many pillows do you like to lie on?" has been deleted.
    I have to say, lol at that thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

lafortezza wrote:
    Are mods still to give warnings for behaviour like the above and all that jazz!

*groan*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I feel violated. I'm sitting here in tears, raped, pillaged and shat on.
    I doubt that you'd be that lucky.
    I just tried to start insightful, intelligent threads
    I'd pat you on the head and give you a lollipop but someone would just accuse me of being patronising again. Sod it, have a wollypop, off you go now kid.

Your threads were of course utterly hilarious. Never before in the history of this interweb thing have I seen so much hilarity in so little space. Actually, all standup comedians should just give up now as they've been bested forever. Nothing, I say nothing, they could ever come up with could ever hold a shadow of a candle to your Internet meanderings. Frankly you're too good for the Jazz forum. The Jazz forum's loss is, I assume, the Cuckoo's Nest's gain, where such supreme hilarity of such gay abandon meets a better class of reader. You probably shouldn't bother the obvious cretins that like that kind of music with your brand of humour again as it'll just whoosh by them like a harrier jet in a rush to bring George W a nice hot hamburger. Today shall forever be remembered by fans of "music without lyrics" and people who count pillows while listening to choons as the day the music figuratively died. Miss American Pie, we salute you, we shall not see your like walk this way again amid the wails of suffering and gnashing of teeth for the loss of the world's greatest improvisation artist. My tears shall forever haunt my soul for your loss, my love and my life shall forever be incomplete for the loss of your unmatched observations in this crazy world we call "Jazz". I doff my hat, it shall not again cover my head for nothing will again ever be the same. Innocence, once lost, can never be regenerated. The universe itself cries out between its two nighttime pillows for this unjustified injustice. I am shaken to my core and I too weep most deeply.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You see... the casnova_kids... don't know what the jazz.... is all about!

s2bRqppy8JzY6yk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Talliesin wrote:

There are many people who have not got membership of any private forums and who've been banned from the Cuckoo's Nest for posting in the "Post here to be banned" forum. As such they aren't familiar with anything funnier on boards than the so-called humour forum.

These people could be drinking coffee. Then out of the blue they come across this unexpected hilarity. The resulting collision between the guffawing laugh and the mouthful of hot caffeinated beverage results in a spewing forth of coffee.

OH TEH HUMANITY!!!!!!1ELEVENTY!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I feel violated. I'm sitting here in tears, raped, pillaged and shat on. Where is the justice in the world/ Music without lyrics does suck!. Why, oh why can't people just accept this as a valid argument? TVs, internet, mobile phones and jazz music without lyrics has caused famine, war, AIDs and yet some moderators think that speaking out(more like mentioning), this debacle is worthy of banishment, it sickens me.
    As for the question about pillows, it's a quite serious issue and if the jazz moderators can't see this, they are obviously ignorant of anything to do with music or culture or anything.
    Maybe posts like this were seen as off-topic and trolling. Just like how it'll get you banned from Feedback if they continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Jazz baby. You suck anyway, I wouldn't unban you if I was mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Talliesin wrote:

rofl. :D

Hmm, what would Miles Davis do?

I'll think about it next Monday again, but I have a feeling he's probs just gonna start trolling again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

CuLT wrote:
    You see... the casnova_kids... don't know what the jazz.... is all about!

s2bRqppy8JzY6yk.jpg
    Pokemon!? Pokemon with the poke and the mon and the thing where the guy comes out of the thing, and he makes a fraaagh fr fra aagh aagh aagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

delly wrote:
    Pokemon!? Pokemon with the poke and the mon and the thing where the guy comes out of the thing, and he makes a fraaagh fr fra aagh aagh aagh.
    jazznice0rv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Casanova kid - you should find another source of jazz information for the time that you are banned from the forum so that you can keep up with the jazz news while you are away, magazines are always a good source. Hence, I suggest getting some jazz mags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

LOL. How long have you been waiting to use that one? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I'm really at a loss with this one. I just tried to start insightful, intelligent threads to liven up what is a pretty dead forum. None of what I said was in anyway harmful or trolling, yet I receive no PM or explanation for my banning. I'm really heartbroken by this and feel about 2 feet tall and am desperately worried about the long time psychological, not to mention physical damage being banned from this forum would do to me.
    Please may I enlist the help of you kind moderators to help sort out this difficult misunderstanding.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Casanova_kid

Seems a very unfair ban to me. So you start a few threads the mod doesn't particularly like, and without warning, get banned. Surprising behaviour by the mod ... mmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

The OP is clearly taking the piss. Grow up. Satchmo is a perfectly good mod.

Advertisement