Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

songwriting recording tool

Options
  • 03-07-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

i want to get a freeware program for windows xp which i can use to record from a microphone - no need for multitracks, effects, editing etc - just a simple recorder so i can record what i;ve written and not forget it - main thing is it has to be easy to use ( and preferable would remember the settings i made for next time - like where it put the files i recorded ) - any suggestions

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

google audacity. Simple to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

And it's free! Makes MP3s and everything. Yup. Audacity's yor only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

brilliant - just installed it - cant believe they've actually made a multitrack that my granny could use !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

there's always been them good old free multitracks. Even since them old days of Ntrack. Oh the memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Want something a bit more advanced? Google "Reaper" - it's a VST host too so you can use all them fancy-schmancy effects that modern pop artists cheat with :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement