Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Spoilers

• 04-07-2006 2:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I just watched the first bit of Raw, and I'd almost say it's certain that we're goin to have a new champ by the end of the night

Edge came out and was about to say who his partner was for the triple threat tag match, then Cena came out and they fought til RVD came out and said he wanted to give Cena a rematch tonight. Edge got pissed, and it was changed to a triple threat for the title. I see no other reason for this match other than for RVD to drop the title

I'm goin with Cena to win

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

id have to say it looks like that could be about to happen too. seems like RVD is getting an immediate slap on the wrist for his recent escapedes on the road with Sabu.

also looks like Candice Miichelle could possibly be the chyna replacement in the new DX if there are to be new members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nah, I really doubt they're addin anyone more to it. Especially now that Shawn is wrestling all these house shows with a bad knee

I wasn't really likin the DX stuff til Vince was in the ring, that had me laughin! The "you love cock" chant and all. Nothing's really happened so far. I'm only half watchin it at the moment though

Fozzy wrote:
    Nah, I really doubt they're addin anyone more to it. Especially now that Shawn is wrestling all these house shows with a bad knee

yeah i kinda mid show posted the second the bit with her and Dx showed now was a mistake tho if they were to add people she might not be a bad choice and one nobody has predicted.. now 3.45am time for the main event to start and dare i say a title to change hands on TV in a non-preadvertised match... exactley what the WWE needs somethng unexpected.

The wrestling's been so bad up til now..really hope this match is good. They wouldn't have had much time to prepare though

I read about Orton and Hogan earlier, and about Brooke gettin involved, and I laughed a bit cos I didn't think it would happen..I was wrong.. If Hogan wins at Summerslam it'll just piss me off so bad

I'm startin to think Edge might win now..then Cena could win it back off him at Summerslam.. But I'll go with Cena

is it just me or has the main event only really started now with an official 5mins left in the show and were at a fkn ad break, i guess the shows goin over lenght suggesting this has def been thrown together at the last min to strip RVD of the title as punishment.

• Advertisement

and edge is the new champ!

did i get ther before you Fozzy to post this, cos we seem to be the only ones postin while watchin live

edit: yes i did

Well there ya go! I just realised when it happened that I prefer Edge as champ to RVD. But he will more than likely lose to Cena come the next ppv. Really hope he doesn't

One of the worse Raw's, but big news in the end. I wonder what'll happen with this ECW show tomorrow night now.. The RVD and Edge title match will hardly be goin ahead, unless it's a no contest. They're havin their own ECW show in Philadelphia tomorrow, so they'll have more old ECW fans than they have at the ECW tapings up til now. So if RVD and Sabu both aren't there, or they both lose or whatever, they'll probably be kinda pissed off. Should be interesting tv

its possible that they could use an angle where paul heyman screws RVD out of the ECW title, because he is pissed that a headstrong RVD kept putting his title on the line in matches Heyman thought were a bad idea after all they once again had a pre-match promo where heyman undermined RVD and showed a lack of confidence in him pointing out how the odds were bad for him cos it was triple threat etc...

this would see RVD lose both title belts in 48hrs making a big statement against RVD's extra carricular activities and cos its ECW it would be easily achievable just by someone like Big-Show interfering in the obviously no DQ match causing Angle/dreamer or someone else to take the belt. or even Test interfering so as to make a big impact on his arrival.

its good that its ECW's own show tho and not a pre-smackdown taping again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I got two words for ya:

Total bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

can't believe they stripped him that quickly, signs don't look good, not being champ means he's freed up for the expulsion that vince posted about in the other thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seems RVD got what he deserved really, and the WWE have stood firm showing that it isnt one rule for the maine eventers,a nd another for the mid/low carders.

Ok, he smokes, but in his position, he shouldnt be bloody well driving while doing so.

While Im not that much of a fan of RVD, its a pity that his title reign will be remembered for the circumstances in how it ended, rather than anything else.

How's it total bollox? The champ was caught breaking the law in 2 different ways. I have to admit that I wasn't sure WWE would have the balls to punish him right away, but they did

gimmick, I don't know if RVD was actually smokin when he was caught. Could've just been Sabu. He was still speeding though

I don't really see him being released, at least not for a while if they do actually plan to. They'd be better off themselves to keep him under contract but not use him rather than release him, because he would easily be the biggest star TNA could get their hands on

Fozzy wrote:

I don't really see him being released, at least not for a while if they do actually plan to. They'd be better off themselves to keep him under contract but not use him rather than release him, because he would easily be the biggest star TNA could get their hands on

gotta agree with this WWE should know that he would be an immediate target for TNA if they were to release him. Although i doubt he will get released, because despite what a few will say weed isnt the worst thing in the world and im sure Sabu can legitimise a need for painkillers, it is however the negative publicity that this conviction would arise for the WWE who already dislike their image regerding drug use thus RVD dropping the title so as not to be the companies main representative as champ.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it before, but the look on that kid's face after Edge won was priceless!

vlcsnap-1941052.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

?action=view&current=16lbivb.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Blatantly stolen from CHAOTIC on BQ forums. Excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i owe vince a big THANK YOU. when i picked my week 7 fantasy team i had RVD in it, but after reading what vince posted i went straight to wwe and dumped him (i knew he would lose the title on raw) and picked 2 smack down guys in his place. smack down has not been kind to me (its f--ked me) but i reckoned it was better than having rvd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Fozzy wrote:
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention it before, but the look on that kid's face after Edge won was priceless!

vlcsnap-1941052.png

awww bless him, that little boy was probably crying last night going to bed cause his idol john cena didnt win

triple h wrote:
    i owe vince a big THANK YOU. when i picked my week 7 fantasy team i had RVD in it, but after reading what vince posted i went straight to wwe and dumped him (i knew he would lose the title on raw) and picked 2 smack down guys in his place. smack down has not been kind to me (its f--ked me) but i reckoned it was better than having rvd.

Probably would've been better to keep RVD, he's 4th in the rankings this week after Raw, and he's more than likely going to be on ECW a few times aswell. I've moved up 160 places in the overall standings by the way!

Judging from the ECW preview, I'd imagine Heyman will strip RVD of his title

Advertisement