Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't fileshare/access admin or eircom panels

• 04-07-2006 5:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a wireless natwork setup with a Belkin router and a HP laptop, as well as an old dell with a wireless adapter. When I set up the network, I did so using the wirelessly connected laptop (didnt spot the instrution advising against that till later, but, moving on..)..

I set up the network via the admin panel at 192.168.2.1 but since have not been able to fileshare. My computer connects to the network and to the internet, but i need a seperate broadband connection where i enter my username and password while already connected to my router (handy for resetting ip though:p) I can't acces filesharing and can no longer access the Belkin admin panel.

I've reset the router, and reformatted te laptop since this happend. I got a new computer recently (which is gone again, awaiting replacement/repair/refund) which connected via cable and same story.

I don't remember changing any settings that resulted in me not being able to access the panel. It was a while ago, never got round to asking for advice:p

I also hear there may be settings i need to change on the eircom network panel, 192.168.1.254? Cant access that either though.

Any help appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

What model is the modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

I set up the network via the admin panel at 192.168.2.1 but since have not been able to fileshare. My computer connects to the network and to the internet, but i need a seperate broadband connection where i enter my username and password while already connected to my router (handy for resetting ip thoughtongue.gif) I can't acces filesharing and can no longer access the Belkin admin panel.

Im assumeing that you have specified this as ur host ip suggest you change it to > 5 (less confusion)

My money for this is that you put xp SP2 on ur pc and never enabled file shareing in the firewall but im usually wrong when i get hunches.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It's a Belkin F5D7632uk4 as far as I know.
    suggest you change it to >5 (less confusion)

youre already confusing me im afraid:rolleyes: your hunch is wrong, it nnever worked from day one and the firewall was already there. I don't use windows firewall anyways.

Ok the Belkin you have is a combined ASDL modem and router. So there is no eircom equipement involved so you can ignore the problem with the "Eircom panels". (And by panel, you mean config page).

What I'd do is setup the network from scratch. Put the Belkin back to it's factory state by holding in the reset button at the rear for 6 secs and then release. Then follow the instructions in the manual. (Available on Belkin site if you've lost yours). Make sure you have laptop and PC (when it gets back) set to get an IP address automatically. See page 13 of manual and ignore step 5.

You will need the following settings for configuring the DSL connection:

Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    DNS 1: 213.94.190.194
    DNS 2: 213.94.190.236

Get the connection up and running without encryption (WEP/WPA) enabled so you can see if it's all working. Then switch on WEP or WPA if your wireless cards support it (WPA is more secure).

It could be that the problems you had with filesharing had nothing to do with the router setup but that Windows firewall was blocking it, or that you did not have filesharing enabled. But get network running properly first, then worry about filesharing.

Cheers Irlrobins you seem to have done a good bit of work for me, i really appreciate the help. I'll try those settings and let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement

You sir, are a....genius. Worked perfectly. Thanx:D

Nice one

Advertisement